Main Menu

Help needed: pic of installed heater control cable clip

Started by Dakota, August 02, 2021, 05:06:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I bought a clip for the heater control cable to connect it to the water valve.  I'm using the valve that came on 71 and later Challengers. Before I accidentally destroy this clip with pliers, I was hoping someone has a picture of the clip when it's installed.   I'm particularly interested in how the cable goes through the little notches on the top of the clip.   If all 3 of the notches are involved, I'd also welcome suggestions on how to get the cable connected.

If this info is in the service manual, I apologize in advance for asking for it.   I'm having computer issues and can't readily access my local copy of the manual. 

Sorry about the picture.  The clip I'm referring to is the little black thing next t the end of the cable.   

Thanks.   

blown motor

Search the forum @Dakota someone posted about that a few months ago and I put up a couple pictures. Won't be home for a couple weeks to get pics again.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

Thanks @blown motor, I found a picture of a 70 control valve that used the same clip.  It didn't show the top view I wanted but it help me figure out what to do.

The trick was to put the clip on the post for the heater valve, put the wire through the 2 slots nearest the post, pinch the top of the clip with a pair of needle-nosed pliers so that all 3 slots on top of the clip are lined up, then flex the control wire until it pops into the 3rd slot.

Although it's not shown this way in the picture, I had the cable sheath out of the other clip so that I could move it around earlier. 

When I tried doing all this without putting the clip on the post, the clip just kept getting launched into the dark corners of my a garage.

All better now. 

headejm