Main Menu

connecting cable to AC Heater control

Started by tparker, April 19, 2018, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I'm putting my Challenger back together after years of sitting followed by years of restoring. I forgot a few things along the way. LOL Was wondering if anyone could help in connecting the AC/heater cable back up to the ac heater control. The round loop at the end doesn't seem to fit over the square-ish lever arm. Makes me think I'm missing something. Also, what is the white "support" arm on the left of the unit? At first I thought that is where the cable goes, but it seems obvious it goes on the other side. I think I'm all messed up.

Cuda Cody

I think you have it right.  The loop should fit over the lever arm and then it has a little push nut to keep it in place, right?  Are you sure you have the right cable?  Is the cable original?

1 Wild R/T

White clip is supposed to be taped to the wiring harness.... 

The cable isn't 100% correct, the replacements have a smaller loop & I've always just opened them up slightly with needle nose pliers....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 19, 2018, 11:28:54 PM
White clip is supposed to be taped to the wiring harness.... 

The cable isn't 100% correct, the replacements have a smaller loop & I've always just opened them up slightly with needle nose pliers....
:iagree: This is exactly right.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

Awesome Thanks. It is probably original. I've had the car since '89 or '90 and not much was done to it. But it's possible it was swapped out. It does look like it was modified a bit and the loop end doesn't seem like it would hold.

Cuda Cody, Thanks for that Steering Wheel Rebuild Video.I was going to just repaint part of the steering wheel, but I stumbled across your vids and ended up doing a complete teardown and replaced a few parts. Very handy!