Main Menu

Need clips for heater control cable

Started by mjb765, October 14, 2017, 09:50:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mjb765

Does anybody have a source for the clips that hold the vent control and temp control cables on to the heater controls? The ones that the screw goes in to...

Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Cuda Cody

mjb765

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 14, 2017, 10:01:33 PM
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=6015143

Call Dave, he carries Tom's stuff..

Does not look like that. This one clips on to the heater controls and holds the cable housing from moving when you move the lever. it looks something like this only with a spot for the cable. Maybe I will order one of those and see if I can make it work. Wonder what size it is....

anlauto

Those type clips should be available at any auto parts store or even a good hardware store. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2017, 09:14:34 AM
Those type clips should be available at any auto parts store or even a good hardware store. :alan2cents:

It's not that clip...it has a spot for the cable on it.....I couldn't find a pic on the web, but it clips on to the controls like the one in the pic.

anlauto

I just restored four of these last week. It's a clip very similar to the one you pictured and it just slides over the plastic housing.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mjb765

Those are hardware store available?   Any place on the internet you can think of?

No spot for the cable.....it's been a few months since it broke so I guess I kind of forgot how it went.

Jim AAR

A little of topic, but is there a special clip that holds the heater control light to it?

anlauto

I don't know if those are the exact ones, those were the first ones that came up in an EBay search...The screws is a #8 and the clip should be about a 1/2" long, and needs a wide enough opening to fit over the plastic. They look good in the picture...if you live close to an Auto parts store like NAPA, I'd check there first.... :alan2cents:

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2017, 09:53:36 AM
I don't know if those are the exact ones, those were the first ones that came up in an EBay search...The screws is a #8 and the clip should be about a 1/2" long, and needs a wide enough opening to fit over the plastic. They look good in the picture...if you live close to an Auto parts store like NAPA, I'd check there first.... :alan2cents:

Thanks....will look around