Main Menu

Help stuck on a833 swap

Started by Purepony, March 14, 2021, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Installing the a833 but the rods are hitting the center brace that connects to the crossmember

Can't install crossmember because the rods are there anyone have pics of under the car ? Or how this is supposed to go ?

The hump is in already

anlauto

Two rods go over the frame rail and the reverse rod goes under. They have to be installed after the transmission is in the car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Purepony

You sir are a walking mopar encyclopedia!

I figured that out after lolz

Any tips for adjusting the clutch fork rod ?

And also is the linkage from the clutch pedal has a small clip but it's a really really tight fit. Does that seem right ? Or I'd there supposed to be some movement ? The clip looks like this but only one side goes in (pic posted) I can only get one sheet of that clip in the second part bends
Thanks in advance

Chryco Psycho

You want about 3/4" of free play at the top of the pedal travel when the clutch is adjusted correctly this prevents the release brg from turning all the time the engine is running .
the clip should have both side of both layers under the head of the button on the pedal , aftermarket clips may not be 100% correct

Purepony

Thank you I'll definitely check that tomorrow abd might order new clips

Shane Kelley

Those repop clutch pedal retainers are a little weak and you have it correct.  Don't forget there is a spring down on the clutch fork that goes to the bell housing and keeps the throw out bearing from riding the pressure plate fingers.

Purepony

Thanks I know I got that part done
I just need the adjustment part

Would the car need to be on to adjust or can I adjust while off abd with no gear oil in trans ?

Also how would I know if I need the add on bearing from brewers on the flywheel

Chryco Psycho

It will adjust just fine off & you won't burn yourself on the exhaust .
I don't understand the Brewers question .

usraptor

If by bearing you mean bushing, yes you will need the bushing in the center of the flywheel.  You can buy from a local auto parts store.

Chryco Psycho

you can go 2 ways , there is the bronze bushing that fit in the rear of the crank , or you can use the Dakota roller brg that fits in the torque converter seat in the back of the crank , just make sure you have enough depth in the rear of the crank for the nose of the trans .

Purepony

Hi guys I was talking about this weight not sure why I called it bearing

Chryco Psycho

That depends on a number of things ,
In stock form the LA 360 & the 360 Magnum both needed external balancing due to cast crank but both are different ,
so it depends what engine you have & also what the builder did both can be internally balanced if the builder chose to do that or if it is a 408 stroker the balancing could be internal or different again .