Main Menu

Hemi Heat Tubes - how to block off/remove

Started by Mopsquad, March 15, 2018, 02:07:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ZEN357

I would just caps them off and remove the tubes.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Getting the shaker to clear everything and fit right is the worst part of converting to EFI IMO.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2018, 07:22:12 PM
Yes: Getting the shaker to clear everything and fit right is the worst part of converting to EFI IMO.

Nice! And you went Fitech.  That'll save a few steps.  I'm doing the multiport Holley EFI.  So far the clearance is good.  I'm still in the intake and linkage phase. Fuel and computer is next.

Chiiliwack?

Great Canadian band.  Need to play some "Fly at Night"  :)

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Yes I remember them in the 70's. Your multiport will work a lot better. I took photos of the shaker baseplate I butchered to get this one under the hood but I am too embarrassed to post it. It was tough getting around the fuel lines and keeping everything low.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

The Multiport is awesome , cannot wait to see the pix once you get it installed  :cooldance:

Brads70

The cap on the manifold might be a good/easy spot to weld  the O2 sensor bung?  :alan2cents:

Mopsquad

Quote from: Brads70 on March 26, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
The cap on the manifold might be a good/easy spot to weld  the O2 sensor bung?  :alan2cents:

I thought about that too.  If I can get at it and also if the location is optimal for the computer to read the signal.