Main Menu

How to use torque wrench on crown gear reverse threads? Or just send it!!!!????

Started by DamianC, June 19, 2021, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DamianC

I assume when fitting a new crown gear to a sure-grip you just give the bolts a splash of thread-lock and all the Ooga Doogas you can muster? None of my torque wrenches are usable on reverse threads. I may be able to get my hands on an old school manual bendy pointer style wrench though. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Ring gear torque spec isn't anywhere near the Ooga Dooga level.... More in the woof level... :alan2cents:   :rofl:

Brads70

For a ring gear you'll need 3 of these. Pinion yoke nut.... maybe 6-7   :twothumbsup:

jimynick

"Pinion yoke nut.... maybe 6-7   :twothumbsup:"  I cheated, I took a punch and made a stake mark on the nut and housing and after counting the threads taking it off, I just impact gunned the SOB back onto the mark. So far (6-7ooo miles) so good. If you don't know any guys into British cars, then the beam bar is your buddy. Good luck.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

MoparLeo

The beam type are very accurate and under rated. Too many people rely on a "click" Most don't know how to properly torque a fastener.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

RUNCHARGER

I use my beam style more than the click (and I have a Snap-On). By the time I get the click out of it's case and set it I could have about 10 fasteners torqued down with my beam style. I prefer the click types upside down or when it's hard to see the beams face though.
Sheldon