Main Menu

I need an education on AFR gauges

Started by GrandpaKevin, February 19, 2022, 08:18:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Filthy Filbert

sounds rich across the board.

for a naturally aspirated engine, part throttle cruise should be 14.7:1  WOT should be 12-ish:1   10:1 is VERY rich and hard on spark plug life, compression rings, etc.   

Scooter

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on February 24, 2022, 09:35:31 AM
sounds rich across the board.

for a naturally aspirated engine, part throttle cruise should be 14.7:1  WOT should be 12-ish:1   10:1 is VERY rich and hard on spark plug life, compression rings, etc.

My lil 360 does not like it leaner than that. Seeems to be getting good burn, oil does not smell like gas so I do not believe I'm washing the rings down.

MOPAR MITCH

I've currently got my SB six-pack running the best ever... uses PROMAX parts. but I'd still like to add one, maybe two, bunges at the collectors for the gauges.... maybe that'd make it even better, yet, in a critical finite tune up?

Fuel injected six-pack???  Holley FI?  That is a dream away but maybe closer than I think... has to be really good to convince me. 

Scooter

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on February 25, 2022, 12:13:45 PM
I've currently got my SB six-pack running the best ever... uses PROMAX parts. but I'd still like to add one, maybe two, bunges at the collectors for the gauges.... maybe that'd make it even better, yet, in a critical finite tune up?

Fuel injected six-pack???  Holley FI?  That is a dream away but maybe closer than I think... has to be really good to convince me.

I've been trying to talk my buddy with a BB 66 Comet into it. He's not having a lot of luck tuning his dual 4barrel Holley's.

Good chance I'll be putting EFI on my Challenger.

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on February 25, 2022, 12:13:45 PM

Fuel injected six-pack??? 
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fif-39610?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmeKQBhDvARIsAHJ7mF4mKkXPVm5pPreyf3bUQbxMQ2zPtxWhx_FtBD7jo3iWDbWm15WT4A4aAoRiEALw_wcB

Holley FI?  That is a dream away but maybe closer than I think... has to be really good to convince me.
Holley got a trademark for a 3x2 fuel injection setup a few years ago.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/holley-sniper-efi-3x2.150192/