Main Menu

Is my carb linkage setup properly?

Started by dave73, September 17, 2019, 07:00:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Kind of feel like my pedal is not engaging full WOT. In doing some googling, thinking maybe my linkage is not setup properly. Is it setup wrong?

dave73

Do I need a bracket like this? Other mopar forum posts I've read suggest I do? Holley part #HLY-20-7

JS29

Are you running a standard or automatic? 

Chryco Psycho

:wrenching:
I always use the Holley adapter in your second post but it might work fine the way you have it if you slide the cable back in the clamp . Have some one floor the pedal & see if it has more travel left at the carb

dave73

Quote from: JS29 on September 17, 2019, 07:07:54 AM
Are you running a standard or automatic? 

Manual trans

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 17, 2019, 07:08:59 AM
:wrenching:
I always use the Holley adapter in your second post but it might work fine the way you have it if you slide the cable back in the clamp . Have some one floor the pedal & see if it has more travel left at the carb

Was thinking the same thing, will need to wait until someone gets home. The adapter is only 10 bucks, going to order it for peace of mind in the mean time

JS29

I have the same setup as your first picture, Standard trans. works fine, like Neil said you can adjust it on the bracket. I think the set up in your secant picture is for an automatic, for the kick down linkage.  :alan2cents:

Brads70

Mine is in a hole further up? Not saying this is right?

Chryco Psycho

If you move the cable higher the pedal has a lighter feel & longer throw
leaving it lower shortens the travel which can help , if you slide the cable housing back with the steel end it will increase travel

dave73

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 17, 2019, 10:21:11 AM
If you move the cable higher the pedal has a lighter feel & longer throw
leaving it lower shortens the travel which can help , if you slide the cable housing back with the steel end it will increase travel

So I just went out there and wedged the pedal down and the linkage seems to be fully engaged. So I guess I'm good, was hoping I was leaving a little on the table.

Which location is best for the linkage, the one brad has or where mine is? Does it matter?

Chryco Psycho