Main Menu

Is the carburetor I have special?

Started by 72 Challenger, May 19, 2020, 10:49:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

Hi Guys,

it's been a long time because I have spent all my time getting the details done on the 1970 Duster. I should have some pictures soon.

When I bought the Duster, it came with a carburetor on the side, which the owner claims was original to the car. It has HO 4933S stamped in the base. On the box it says "1970 Carter AVS 340 4 speed." The duster is a 1970, 340, 4 speed car.

Do I own some mythical rare carb that I should rebuild and put back on the car? I don't plan on selling it since it is the correct carb for the car, it goes with the car. 

Someday I will have a J0b.

73_Cuda_4_Me

The 4933S is what is called for on the 70 Duster 340 Manual Transmission w.o. E.C.S.

:bradsthumb: :bradsthumb:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

SgtSuperbird

"H0" should mean, August 1970. If the carb is the correct part number, it might be the wrong date code (if that's even a concern). I'm only guessing, but IMO, it probably is not the actual carb that came with car, because as I understand, the 1970 model year production would have already have ended by June or July.

72 Challenger

You are likely right. The SPD of the car is November 1969.

However it is more correct than the Edelbrock unit that is on it now!

So what i am learning here is that this carb is not super rare, since the eddy runs so well, I am not going to fuss with it. Into the bin of Duster parts.

Thanks guys!
Someday I will have a J0b.