Main Menu

Leaky Thermoquad

Started by Crocha617, August 28, 2017, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

The thermoquad on my barracuda vert is leaking out of the throttle shaft on the choke side. It looks like it was rebuilt very recently. I just noticed the leaking and it suddenly seems to be running rich. I've only had the car a short time so im not the sure how old the rebuild really is. Should I rip it apart and rebuild it or do we think the plastic housing is cracked or something? I almost ordered a new edelbrock this afteen on but I figured I'd ask here first.

Crocha617

So I was looking at the part numbers and it appear's that carb was for a 400/440. It's probably drowning my 318 with a 4 barrel intake.... I might need to order that edelbrock 600 now.

1 Wild R/T

Thermoquads work great, fuel metering is fuel metering, it'll run fine on your 318....  Fuel is probably due to a failed quad O ring in the jet well.... Easy fix...

jimynick

Yeah, aren't they the little black ba$tards that hide in the bottom of the black fuel bowl so as to be virtually invisible? Those ones?  ::)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on August 28, 2017, 05:06:07 PM
Yeah, aren't they the little black ba$tards that hide in the bottom of the black fuel bowl so as to be virtually invisible? Those ones?  ::)

Yup, those...  Or these if you prefer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_YxOs3U8Zc

Bullitt-

could be some trash is holding a needle valve open... a coupe of quick blasts of compressed air through the fuel inlet might solve the issue...

If it was other issues like warped body the issues would have shown sooner I would think
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

RUNCHARGER

My guess as well. That TQ will work fine on your smallblock if it's setup correctly, much better street carb than a new Edelbrock.
Sheldon

Crocha617

Ok then I'll order a kit and give it a shot.

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
Fix the TQ , you need to check the body to be sure it is not warped , clean it & put a kit in it
Anything is better than the Eddy 600