Main Menu

Need advice: looking for a small air cleaner ... 340 6 barrel (3x2)

Started by 70Challenger440, February 07, 2023, 06:43:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70Challenger440

I am trying to tune the carbs on a finicky 340 6 bbl for better drive-ability. (AAR Cuda). The original air cleaner makes this very frustrating due to its large size.  I prefer not to drive for extended periods with no air cleaner especially with the AAR's fully open scoop.

I am looking for a small oval air cleaner or 3 mini air cleaners that allows easy carb access.  I would also like to keep this as cheap as possible since its for temporary use.   Are there any low cost aftermarket recommendations that would work?

Mixup7071

Seems like I seen little round ones at auto parts stores O'Reilly, autozone, call stores close to you

anlauto

By swapping out the factory air cleaner, won't you be possibly changing the air flow volume making your "settings" all out of wack when you swap the original back on ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

For $175, I think I'll stick with the oem one. I've pulled mine a million times working on mine since 1976. Be thankful it's not a shaker. Those things are really a pain to wo4k on.