Main Menu

Original AC

Started by soundcontrol, May 28, 2020, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Funny (not really) how that stuff comes and goes; and usually "goes" when you need it and comes when you don't. :huh:

Quote from: Mopar5 on May 29, 2020, 07:56:53 AM
I was just looking at them on E bay the other day,and I have seen the same persons listing on e bay going back a  few years re manufacturing small block AC setups. I just did a search on E bay and now I cannot find it. This guy must do this intermittently.

Mopar5

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 29, 2020, 08:17:59 AM
Funny (not really) how that stuff comes and goes; and usually "goes" when you need it and comes when you don't. :huh: Yep that happens a lot. I probably will just go with the Sanden type compressor since the old fittings for the V type compressor are tough to find at least for me.

I was just looking at them on E bay the other day,and I have seen the same persons listing on e bay going back a  few years re manufacturing small block AC setups. I just did a search on E bay and now I cannot find it. This guy must do this intermittently.

Mrbill426

Right... I am trying to do a fairly decent restoration so the conversion A/C is not a option.  Good luck getting yours up and cooling though.  :bigthumb:

Quote from: Mopar5 on May 29, 2020, 09:14:14 AM
Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 29, 2020, 08:17:59 AM
Funny (not really) how that stuff comes and goes; and usually "goes" when you need it and comes when you don't. :huh: Yep that happens a lot. I probably will just go with the Sanden type compressor since the old fittings for the V type compressor are tough to find at least for me.

soundcontrol

I did a bit more testing on my AC today. I got some pressure in the system, and if I put 12v on the compressor clutch the compressor runs. So I'm gonna try just charging it and see what happens. I have a friend that can charge them.

The buttons are not moving at all though. I fixed the fan today, it didn't work at all, it was corrosion in the contacts in the bulk head. Now, all air comes out at the bottom, all this stuff is vacuum controlled and I doubt I will get that to work now, but is there a way to manually set the air flow so I have a defroster?
So I can ride in the rain without the foggy windshield.

I might try to look at the buttons and why they all are stuck. The fan is on all the time now, I guess there is a switch on those vacuum buttons for on /off?
The fan switch are just 3 speeds.

Pict 1: What is the electrical connections on the dryer for?
Pict 2: The heater control, totally stuck now, is the pin in the middle if the round thing supposed to move up and down with the wire?

Mrbill426

That is the cutout pressure switch.

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 12, 2020, 10:13:21 AM
I did a bit more testing on my AC today. I got some pressure in the system, and if I put 12v on the compressor clutch the compressor runs. So I'm gonna try just charging it and see what happens. I have a friend that can charge them.

The buttons are not moving at all though. I fixed the fan today, it didn't work at all, it was corrosion in the contacts in the bulk head. Now, all air comes out at the bottom, all this stuff is vacuum controlled and I doubt I will get that to work now, but is there a way to manually set the air flow so I have a defroster?
So I can ride in the rain without the foggy windshield.

I might try to look at the buttons and why they all are stuck. The fan is on all the time now, I guess there is a switch on those vacuum buttons for on /off?
The fan switch are just 3 speeds.

Pict 1: What is the electrical connections on the dryer for?
Pict 2: The heater control, totally stuck now, is the pin in the middle if the round thing supposed to move up and down with the wire?

Mrbill426