Main Menu

Need that Overdrive, I guess Gear Vendors is the Winner

Started by Mopsquad, October 07, 2020, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

The GV are pricey but a sturdy choice I think. I put a Passon OD 4 speed behind a 572 Hemi and I thought it worked pretty well with the torque band of the big engine too. I would do it again but I understand different choices.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 10, 2020, 07:34:46 AM
The GV are pricey but a sturdy choice I think. I put a Passon OD 4 speed behind a 572 Hemi and I thought it worked pretty well with the torque band of the big engine too. I would do it again but I understand different choices.

The 4 Passon 4 speed OD was on the radar, but the 1st to 2nd jump was too big for me.

RzeroB

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 09, 2020, 09:39:43 AM
Playing football for 22 yrs straight is taking its toll.  Hopefully, I'll avoid the brain stuff - now where did I put my keys, or car for that matter?  LOL!

Okay, time for another misdirection to your thread.

"Playing football for 22 years straight .."?? We got us a celebrity!! What's your story Mops??  :popcorn:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

ragtopdodge

John Huff will get you a A855.

No waiting.

Give him a call directly.  That's how I got one.

$6k shipped.  Expensive, but includes shipping and NO SALES TAX!

Info on Mopar A855
John Huff
Yellowstone Garage
(307) 262-0125

http://www.5speedmuscle.com

Mopsquad

Quote from: ragtopdodge on October 12, 2020, 01:08:59 PM
John Huff will get you a A855.

No waiting.

Give him a call directly.  That's how I got one.

$6k shipped.  Expensive, but includes shipping and NO SALES TAX!

Info on Mopar A855
John Huff
Yellowstone Garage
(307) 262-0125

http://www.5speedmuscle.com

Really?  I'll get right on that.

Mopsquad

Quote from: RzeroB on October 12, 2020, 12:53:12 PM
Playing football for 22 yrs straight is taking its toll.  Hopefully, I'll avoid the brain stuff - now where did I put my keys, or car for that matter?  LOL!

"Playing football for 22 years straight .."?? We got us a celebrity!! What's your story Mops??  :popcorn:

Thx! Started playing at 9 yo in Montreal, played through HS in New Jersey and Oshawa, Ontario, college ball at Western in London, Ontario and finally played for the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL until 1996.

And my right ankle hurts even typing this lol.

Cudajason

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 12, 2020, 01:32:24 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on October 12, 2020, 12:53:12 PM

Thx! Started playing at 9 yo in Montreal, played through HS in New Jersey and Oshawa, Ontario, college ball at Western in London, Ontario and finally played for the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL until 1996.

And my right ankle hurts even typing this lol.

dude you are Canadian???? 

You know you are going to have to explain what the CFL is to all the Americans now.     :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

My son's at Western right now, he played HS football, but I don't think he'll make the Mustangs (or even try out) :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

Quote from: anlauto on October 13, 2020, 06:36:01 AM
My son's at Western right now, he played HS football, but I don't think he'll make the Mustangs (or even try out) :D

UWO is a great school and one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life.  Kudos on sending him there.

anlauto

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 13, 2020, 10:13:03 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 13, 2020, 06:36:01 AM

UWO is a great school and one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life.  Kudos on sending him there.
Thank you....He's first year Engineering, not an easy program to get in, we're very proud of him. His Mom graduated class or '94 from UWO as well. :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Did you play with the EE's in 1986 ? Another car guy friend of mine play Guard that year with them, then went on to the Argos...for most of his career  Now Blaine Schmidt owns and runs of the the premiere custom car shops here in Ontario... http://www.boothillauto.ca/  :twothumbsup:

Mopsquad

Quote from: anlauto on October 13, 2020, 10:25:51 AM
Did you play with the EE's in 1986 ? Another car guy friend of mine play Guard that year with them, then went on to the Argos...for most of his career  Now Blaine Schmidt owns and runs of the the premiere custom car shops here in Ontario... http://www.boothillauto.ca/  :twothumbsup:

I know of Blaine. He was finishing off his career as I was starting. 

Did your son get his arm dyed purple?

Chryco Psycho

I love EE , they were an awesome dynasty in the late 70s & early 80 when I was living there .
Cool That you played there too  :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: Mopsquad on October 13, 2020, 10:35:03 AM

Did your son get his arm dyed purple?

Yes...they did get covered some sort of purple stuff, but due to Covid, the frosh week festivities were kept to a very minimum  :'(