Main Menu

O/D 4 speed synchro sliders

Started by GoMangoBoys, January 13, 2020, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We are starting the rebuild of the OD transmission that I bought for the 70 Challenger.  The 3-4 synchro slider is a bit beat up.  We are going to replace it.  My friend who is helping us is a MAJOR Muncie and Borg Warner expert.  HE builds a lot of those and has parts to build over 250 transmissions.  In doing an initial compare, he said it looks like the slider that I need is identical to the one for the Borg-Warner Super T10.  Does anyone have any knowledge to confirm or reject this idea?  We intend to make more digital caliper measurements tomorrow, but he said that the slider slides right onto the gears just fine.  We intend to measure everything related to the interface to the shift forks to be sure that they are the same there as well.
Any input is appreciated.
FYI, I bought the rebuild kit from Brewers, it is coming tomorrow.  If the Super T10 slider is not a good match then I need to order one from them.
Thanks

Chryco Psycho

I have never tried to swap parts from a Borg Warner trans .
If ti doesn't match up I would recommend Brewers or Passon Perf for replacement parts

RUNCHARGER

I doubt it would fit, most of the GM stuff is alot lighter than the A833 parts. All you can do is compare them side by side I think. Whenever the GM guys brag about how many Muncies they break, I tell them to swap in an A833, then they'll start breaking rear ends instead.
Sheldon