Main Menu

Passon 5 Speed at Carlisle

Started by Topcat, July 07, 2018, 06:25:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well that's neat....with the influx of money, maybe now they can actually be built and "in stock" $5300 does seem steep, but if that comes with everything you need, then I think it's comparable to the Tremec TKO conversions as far as price is concerned. :dunno:

What happened to the "hundreds" of people on a waiting list ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

If they are going to install the same innards into a case for GM's I see that as a good thing too. That should ensure complete A855's and parts should be available for a few years to come.
Sheldon

cordodge

I obviously moved on after 3 years on the list, That would be a $8000 gear box by the time I got it in my garage with the exchange and duty at the boarder.

anlauto

What was Passion originally selling them for ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cordodge

If I can remember right it was around $3500/$3700

mjb765

Quote from: cordodge on August 06, 2018, 07:57:44 PM
If I can remember right it was around $3500/$3700

I remember it being $4295 way back when it was announced.

rocketresto

Just got one delivered today for a customer car, looks gorgeous and can't wait to get it installed.  Going into a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T.  From what I understand the 66-69 B-Body version is much more available with a shorter wait and they are having some issues getting the E-Body version parts.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

RUNCHARGER

Make sure the test drive is no longer than absolutely necessary.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

I'd be an immediate purchaser of the E-body version even at that price.  The SST kit is great and complete but the unknown can drive the cost up another 2K with the labour to modify the tunnel and repaint underneath.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Mopsquad on August 13, 2018, 03:26:40 PM
I'd be an immediate purchaser of the E-body version even at that price.  The SST kit is great and complete but the unknown can drive the cost up another 2K with the labour to modify the tunnel and repaint underneath.

This I agree with. Back to original purpose. No tunnel mods.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Yup evasive surgery and total cost must be taken into account. That A-855 bolts to the bellhousing, works with the current clutch, mounts on the stock mount no cutting necessary. Stock driveshaft too I think. So you pay for the trans and shifter along with trans fluid and throw it in in an hour or two.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Did anyone get a chance to talk with Jamie at Carlisle? 

mjb765

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 18, 2018, 07:55:44 AM
Yup evasive surgery and total cost must be taken into account. That A-855 bolts to the bellhousing, works with the current clutch, mounts on the stock mount no cutting necessary. Stock driveshaft too I think. So you pay for the trans and shifter along with trans fluid and throw it in in an hour or two.

As long as you have an 18 spline clutch.....

303 Mopar

YellowThumper

:bigthumb:

Here is hoping the upped cost allows them to continue producing them for years to come.

Cost is difficult to swallow now but once the market has enough and backlog disappears cost adjustments will probably follow.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.