Main Menu

PICTURE NEEDED ASAP

Started by anlauto, April 17, 2017, 02:20:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Alan I think you need choke 67?   :huh:  But not 100% sure on that.  I have a few from my cars that I can see have numbers on them.  Can you look next time you're there and see what the number is on the choke?  The ones in the photos look alike but have 67 and 39.

Do these type of chokes metal wells?  I thought they did so just wanted to see if that could be part of the issue if it was missing?   :notsure:

1ownr

Charlie's on the road, took this yesterday, I think this shows choke well. Can take a better one tonight if needed.

judy

anlauto

Thanks Judy.
I have the choke well in place, everything is good there. I'm going to try and get out and have a look at the choke itself...I think it may be fubared :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

Yes that 6515 is a replacement carb from 1977. As I mentioned above, MANY of these had issues when new and were replaced in the early years, this is why I'm always on the hunt for original examples for reference, they are pretty rare to find these days.

*The SPD (Scheduled Production Date) would be on your fender tag, If you post a pic of the tag we can decode it for you.

mopar jack

pic of 71 RR 383 4spd with air grabber, fender tag

ScottSmith_Harms

Your SPD is 819 (August 19 1970 scheduled build date) Early Los Angeles plant car

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on April 18, 2017, 10:07:20 AM
Your SPD is 819 (August 19 1969 scheduled build date) Early Los Angeles plant car

Wow!! Thats really early for a 71....   :pokeeye:  Yeah I think Scott means August 19th 1970....

ScottSmith_Harms

Yeah fat thumbs in a cell phone bad combo

mopar jack

Yea early production. It was a sold car and probably ussd as a demo because it wasn't sold until 9/71. Or the color also known by salesmen as hang around brown held it back!

Cuda Cody

"Hang around brown" is a good one.   :haha:  Another old salesman saying is, "Green and Brown, stick around".

Quote from: mopar jack on April 18, 2017, 01:02:12 PM
Or the color also known by salesmen as hang around brown held it back!

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 17, 2017, 08:15:20 PM
Alan I think you need choke 67?   :huh:  But not 100% sure on that.

That's the number on mine. Again, 71 383 AT, carb #4668. There is also the number 740-1 stamped in smaller numbers on the rear facing side.

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 17, 2017, 07:35:28 PM
Is it a 4667?  The parts book shows carb 3512 867 for that carb.  Don't they put the last 2 digits of the part # on the choke?

Sounds plausible Cody, here's one on the ebay with that number...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381982628234?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cataclysm80

I get the feeling that I should pay attention here, in case I need this information soon.