Main Menu

PIE crate engines

Started by signsgonebye, July 09, 2019, 08:12:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

:waving:Another Welcome from Panama

nsmall

Welcome.  I wish my 340 would blow up so I could get a stroker.

CudaMoparRay

A great  :welcome: from Riverside CA

Johnny Mac

Thanks for the Welcomes guys!!!

I'm actually looking for a few guys that would want one of our new 408 roller cam engines, as R&D is complete, and i'm basically just awaiting paperwork.
They're a pretty awesome upgrade over the flat tappet engine its replacing.  If anyone wants details on "pre introduction"  pricing, and to snag one of the first ones please PM me!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Johnny Mac on July 11, 2019, 05:30:58 AM

I'm actually looking for a few guys that would want one of our new 408 roller cam engines, as R&D is complete, and i'm basically just awaiting paperwork.
They're a pretty awesome upgrade over the flat tappet engine its replacing.  If anyone wants details on "pre introduction"  pricing, and to snag one of the first ones please PM me!

Welcome to the site and thanks for joining!  Using my experience with a CME 408 crate engine, what is your policy if there are issues once the engine is shipped to me and installed.  For example, there are leaks or grinding noises or wrong parts internally installed?  I need to pull it and send it back to you to fix.  Who pays shipping, labor, parts, etc?

Johnny Mac

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 11, 2019, 06:20:25 AM

Welcome to the site and thanks for joining!  Using my experience with a CME 408 crate engine, what is your policy if there are issues once the engine is shipped to me and installed.  For example, there are leaks or grinding noises or wrong parts internally installed?  I need to pull it and send it back to you to fix.  Who pays shipping, labor, parts, etc?

Excellent questions!

To go down the list, we do about anything we can to work with customers, and keep everyone happy.  We're a very large company cranking out about 50 engines a day, so all of our engine builds have been through rigorous R&D, and follow a very specific build list, and specs criteria.  The odds of one getting incorrect parts is pretty slim. 

as far as warranty issues,  if its something minor,  Say a rocker arm breaks, or valve cover gasket leaks, we would send out new rocker arms, or gaskets, etc. Even if a distributor died on one of our dress engines, we'd send out a new one.

as far as major failures (eats bearings, breaks a rod)  If its something that is a material defect, we would ship the engine back, and either repair/replace pending the damage.   We would pay freight both ways, and repair the engine.

Now say we get the engine back, and we find your kiddos hotwheels car in the oil pan...we'll still help, work with you on fixing it, but there may be some parts/labor involved. (at still a very fair rate)

For example, i had a customer recently manage to get a BIG piece of copper down his intake on a chrysler 408.  It was some homemade intake divider.  It went through several pistons, made it to the pan...was pretty ugly.   We STILL got the engine back, went through it for him, and only charged some freight/parts.  We don't want to leave any customers out on their own.

As more assurance, we dyno test every single engine we produce, and we have a multi point inspection at every dyno session.  This includes an oil filter inspection, as well as a UV light/dye test to look for leaks while the engine is on the dyno.  these two tests alone will validate bearing integrity, and really weed out a problem engine from one that would have otherwise shipped.

We're a great company, with a very low warranty rate, and we use that dyno test as one last QC check before we send the engine out.

any other questions let me know! i'm a pretty transparent guy, and happy to help.

Johnny M
BluePrint Engines

303 Mopar

Quote from: Johnny Mac on July 11, 2019, 07:10:20 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 11, 2019, 06:20:25 AM

Excellent questions!

We're a great company, with a very low warranty rate, and we use that dyno test as one last QC check before we send the engine out.

any other questions let me know! i'm a pretty transparent guy, and happy to help.

Johnny M
BluePrint Engines

Thank you for your quick and up front response!  Sounds much better than my past experience.

Chryco Psycho

Now we are talking !!
Sounds like Good builds with excellent service to back it up !

nsmall

Talked to @Johnny Mac today.  He said he would call and he did.  Super nice and not pushy.  If I ever upgrade my 340 I will be interested in using Blueprint as they seem to have this all dialed in at reasonable prices.

6pack

I bought a 350 roller cam chevy from blueprint through Summit.  400 horse and delivered in like 3 days.  Free shipping.  $100 off during a christmass special.  Runs great had it 1 1/2 years.  Good support for tuning and questions will do it again some day too.

Johnny Mac

Just wanted to say thanks again on this on! received several calls stating what a great forum this is, and they were calling from this thread.

looking forward to hanging around!  maybe i'll have to start shopping for an E-body!

dodj

Quote from: signsgonebye on July 09, 2019, 08:12:09 AM
Looking for some feedback on PIE crate engines? I am thinking of buying their 408 Stroker engine.
After reading what happened to member Cordodge with his hemi crate engine, I would talk to the prospective crate engine business to get a 'feel' for their customer service, ask a lot of questions to make sure you know what they offer and that they are capable of delivering what you are asking for. Above all don't order until you need it. The warranty can run out while it sits on the stand.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill