Main Menu

PIE crate engines

Started by signsgonebye, July 09, 2019, 08:12:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

signsgonebye

Looking for some feedback on PIE crate engines? I am thinking of buying their 408 Stroker engine.

303 Mopar

I bought a 408 stroker crate engine from Carolina Machine Engines and will never buy another crate engine again.  They sent a dyno video of a different engine, shipped it with the wrong parts and it leaked like a stuck pig.  When I called are wrote them with my issues, including pictures, they said to pull it and ship it back at my expense and only if they found something wrong would they fix it.  However shipping would all be at my expense.

You are much better off finding a good machine shop/engine builder local to you who will listen to what you want and then build you and engine within your budget.  Then, if something goes wrong you simply take it to them to fix.

Strawdawg

and I had the opposite experience with Carolina Machine and Engine.  I bought a crate 526 from them several years ago based on favorable reviews that I found on the net.  Mine has run perfectly and never leaked a drop of oil.  Either I was lucky, or, their quality has gone down. :)
Steve

7212Mopar

And this one? I was thinking getting a 408 stroker short block from them but finally decided to go with an engine builder using my 340 block.

https://www.high-performance-engines.com/chrysler-crate-engines-s/102.htm
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

signsgonebye

Nobody out there has bought a PIE Engine??????????

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

If you decide to buy any crate engine factor in the cost of completely tearing it down & checking everything .
So far I have yet to see a properly built crate engine from anyone  :alan2cents:

signsgonebye

Thank you, seems like a lot of guys really like him on the Dakota site!

nsmall

Well I guess Bullit does but the rest of dont know much.  There are mixed reviews about blueprint, but their prices are more fair vs PIE.

gzig5

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on July 09, 2019, 12:39:48 PM
Anything on this builder?
https://blueprintengines.com/collections/chrysler-crate-engines

There are a lot of good reviews for the BluePrint 408 on the FABO forum.  One of the employees is also a forum member/sponsor.  I think they are only doing Magnum based engines going forward because they can't get enough LA blocks for the scale of production they need.

Johnny Mac

Hey all,

New to this forum, but I'm Johnny Mac over on the FABO forum, and FBBO forum also.  Resident Mopar guy for BluePrint!
I don't know the forum rules over here, but happy to answer any questions.  You can PM me for contact info since I don't want to get booted on day 1 :)

To speak to the previous comments, every engine we build is fully dyno tested, with a 30 month warranty, and you get your ACTUAL dyno sheet.  I race/build mopars and have A and B bodies, so happy to help a mopar guy any time.

We are still taking orders for the current 408, but will be very shortly switching to a magnum based 408 (which will bolt in place of an LA since we use the LA timing cover, and balance the crank as an LA.  The intake pattern is all that changes between the two.

we do currently offer a magnum headed 408, and aluminum headed 408.  both are on our website, or i can PM links.

hopefully I can help anyone with questions!

Johnny M

JS29

:welcome: @Johnny Mac good to have another mopar brother on board!  :handshake:

Johnny Mac

Quote from: JS29 on July 10, 2019, 12:29:44 PM
:welcome: @Johnny Mac good to have another mopar brother on board!  :handshake:

thank you sir! glad to be here.

Cuda Cody