Main Menu

Small block converter question And reamenderd cam size please

Started by cudamadd, December 13, 2022, 11:41:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Could any one tell me the factory torque converter for a 1970 340/727 thank you ? And at what stall ?  My cam has this number on it 741760 . Second question I would like to have a little bit more cam just normal street driving . factory AVS and exhaust manifolds . Pulled out my engine standard bore ,Bad timing chain ,back cam bearing off it head mushroom shaped two broken lifter clips ,But bottom of lifters are nice and flat . But now in for rebuild hear is a photo.

cudamadd

cudamadd

cudamadd

cudamadd

The bores are glazed so don't going to do a rebore  . Just a hone  .P.S have not pulled out the crank yet .  :australia:

crackedback

The old 214/224 cam is a really nice stick that is a little bigger than the stock camshaft.

Brads70

Not sure what you meant by " back cam bearing off it head mushroom shaped"
Got a picture?
I'd suggest contacting Lunati for a cam suggestion.
Also with the quality of lifters these days and oil/zinc issues during break in, I'd suggest a hyd roller cam. While more money initially, it's cheaper than having a ruined cam/lifter.  :alan2cents:
The other place I've had a great experience with is bullet cams for a custom ground.
https://www.bulletcams.com/

cudamadd

Thanks for the reply's when I get back from my Xmas break I will post cam bearing photos. Until then enjoy your Xmas