Main Menu

Replacement Radiator Choices

Started by Gripper, February 21, 2023, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gripper

Need replacement radiator and a Glen-Ray $1400 is not an option due to price.
Challenger 340 auto with AC.
I do not have a core for rebuild.
I do not need part number or date code radiator.
I can fabricate brackets for fan shroud if needed.
What is the best affordable replacement that everyone is using ?

Thanks Gripper

Cudajason

Quote from: Gripper on February 21, 2023, 11:02:39 AM
Need replacement radiator and a Glen-Ray $1400 is not an option due to price.
Challenger 340 auto with AC.
I do not have a core for rebuild.
I do not need part number or date code radiator.
I can fabricate brackets for fan shroud if needed.
What is the best affordable replacement that everyone is using ?

Thanks Gripper

Are you looking for an aluminum or factory appearing?

22 or 26?
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

I just got a champion aluminum radiator from championradiators.com The business is Leadfoot Racing. Talk to George, he's not great at returning calls but otherwise he's good to work with. I bought a 26" three core with a 2.5" core for $255 plus $30 shipping from CA to NY. It's black which I think is going to look really good. I haven't tried to install it yet so I can't comment on that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Gripper

Does not need to have OEM look.
26 inch for small block.

Cudajason

Quote from: Gripper on February 21, 2023, 01:14:50 PM
Does not need to have OEM look.
26 inch for small block.

I would go with the suggestion from @blown motor above.  Seems to the most reasonable priced aluminum rad that I have seen.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Gripper

Anyone have any real life experience installing and operating a Champion radiator per recommendation ?

Thanks Gripper

70vert

When I was looking for a replacement radiator I came across this site: https://speedcooling.com/product/22-mopar-big-block-hd-aluminum-radiator/

I ended up not buying only because I discovered my radiator was not the cause of overheating. But these look very good, pretty stock looking and I would have painted the tanks black. Their guidance and technical knowledge seems excellent. But again I can't give personal experience. Just passing it on an option to check out.

PS: this link is the one I needed, they have other models that would be for your specs. And I'd call them (or anyone else) first.

blown motor

@Gripper  This rad is for my b body so I asked about them on a b body site. The replies were quite favourable. Auto city Classics is another one that came up on that thread.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel