Main Menu

Repo radiator hose penstar or not.

Started by usraptor, January 13, 2021, 06:35:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Doing some winter projects and decided to replace my heater hoses and upper radiator hose with a Mopar reproductions.  I have a '70 Cuda 440 "U" code Shaker car with a 26" radiator.  From what I've been able to discover the proper radiator hose part no. for that car/engine/radiator is 2863257.  I can find a repo radiator hose with those numbers on it but with no Penstar.  I noticed that the repo 22" radiator hose (no. 3462116) has a Penstar.  Did the original 2863257 hose come with a Penstar?  If so does anybody know who makes a repo with the Penstar?  Thanks in advance.

Floyd

69BFan

Since we already are involved in reproducing the OEM grooved and stamped heater hoses, I looked into the more popular upper and lower radiator hoses for a reproduction evaluation.  Fortunately Frank Mitchell's business is local to me and he was still alive and he showed me as many as three variations for the same hose part number.

With that said, unless you know what was originally placed on the car, you will possibly find a variation amongst the hoses.  Some had a tracer line the entire length of the hose, some had the Pentastar stamp, some had yellow ink stampings where others were white.  It seems looking at the boxes of hoses that he had, the majority of the assembly line hoses did not have the Pentastar stamping.  Also, the texture to most of the over the counter hoses and especially what you purchase today is significantly different than the assembly line pieces.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Topcat

They said to me they were the one's making them.