Main Menu

RH transmission - The Result

Started by Cudajason, August 19, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

The black eight pin connector is a RE

The black eight pin connector is in the same location as the white/yellow/natural 2 or 3 pin connector..

Cudajason

thanks @1 Wild R/T.

That is very helpful...the missing piece of info I needed!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

well that one ended up being a RE...too bad too it was the 360 and trans out of 96 Ram Indy Pace truck...would have been a good spare / engine to build down the road.

Oh well the search for the needle in a hay stack continues.  These things seem to be hard to find!!!    I may just give up and rebuild my 727.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cudajason on October 22, 2019, 05:16:22 PM
well that one ended up being a RE...too bad too it was the 360 and trans out of 96 Ram Indy Pace truck...would have been a good spare / engine to build down the road.

Oh well the search for the needle in a hay stack continues.  These things seem to be hard to find!!!    I may just give up and rebuild my 727.

Jason

Not really, at least not out here, I picked up two 46RH's last week...

Cudajason

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 22, 2019, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on October 22, 2019, 05:16:22 PM

Jason

Not really, at least not out here, I picked up two 46RH's last week...

Oh sure...rub it in!!!!

:D :D :D :D

1 Wild R/T

dodj

@Cudajason
Well, now you know where two are.... Maybe wild is entertaining offers. Perhaps some Canadian maple syrup?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudajason

Quote from: dodj on October 23, 2019, 03:40:01 AM
@Cudajason
Well, now you know where two are.... Maybe wild is entertain offers. Perhaps some Canadian maple syrup?

I can not imaging what shipping would be!!!!

Jason

dodj

Drive down for the swap. Wild could give you tips while you work. He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudajason

Quote from: dodj on October 23, 2019, 11:50:27 AM
Drive down for the swap. Wild could give you tips while you work. He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time.

LOL that would be awesome!!!

Realistically, I am considering driving to Sault St. Marie, 8 hours each way, because that seems to be the only one I can find right now.  But not sure...seems kind of crazy.  But, if I can get a good deal, I might do it. 

I need a transmission from what I can tell, so I might as well go with the 46RH.

Jason

Cudajason

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 15, 2019, 11:25:44 PM
$wd would have a different main shaft usually so the whole trans would have to come apart to swap it

Thanks man.

That sounds like a lot of work and money!!!

Jason

jimynick

Jas, I used to deal with the wrecking yards daily and still know some of the lads. PM me what the application of the TBay trans is and let me beat the bushes down here, before you take a 8 hr drive- one way.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on October 23, 2019, 08:35:26 PM
Jas, I used to deal with the wrecking yards daily and still know some of the lads. PM me what the application of the TBay trans is and let me beat the bushes down here, before you take a 8 hr drive- one way.  :cheers:

89-95 trucks/vans & Dakotas with 5.2 or 5.9...

Katfish

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 23, 2019, 10:03:27 PM

What's the going rate these days?
I paid $175 for mine at a U-pull place 5 yrs ago.

Cudajason

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 23, 2019, 10:03:27 PM

Thanks @ 1 Wild R/T

@jimynick - as usual above and beyond man!  That would be very much appreciated.  Thanks so much!

I love this place!!!

Jason