Main Menu

single wire spring Hose Clamps

Started by tparker, July 11, 2023, 01:18:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

@Jay Bee do those particular ones work well?  Those clamps are a b*tch.  :angry:  I bought a repop set that was supposed to fit a 340 but they all seem to small ; at least the rad and bypass hose clamps were.  I left them all off and went with screw clamps.  Bought a silicone (lined) bypass hose too and it was also a no go; too tight.

Quote from: Jay Bee on July 16, 2023, 05:16:44 AM
Another Corbin pliers picture. Of course the grooves in the jaws are mirror images of each side.

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mrbill426 on July 17, 2023, 01:08:56 PM
@Jay Bee do those particular ones work well?
@Mrbill426 so far so good. Heater hoses were done who knows when, upper & lower rad hoses this spring (I believe). No leaks on any of those 8 clamps. As said before, yet to do the bypass. I did smear some RTV around the fittings before slipping the hoses on. Hope there's no issues with the bypass when I get to it. I assume you were asking about the clamps and not the pliers.

Mrbill426

@Jay Bee, no I was actually asking about the pliers.  On the clamps I do have I had to open them up so much to (try) to get them over the "bulge" that the wire ends were pretty much touching each other.  The wire is pretty heavy gauge too.

Jay Bee

@Mrbill426 LOL
Pliers worked great. I was even able to squeeze the larger 34's shut without them slipping off. Mine are the Channelock brand.

Jay Bee

I'm thinking "again". Maybe on the lower rad hose I put the clamp on first past the "bulge", then slipped the hose on and then put the Corbin clamp on. Once on it would have been opened (again) and the hose slid further on down. Not 100% sure of that method or if that's what I actually did. Sounds reasonable though.