Main Menu

Spark Plug Wire Routing

Started by erik70rt, August 03, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Is there a guide out there for the proper routing of the spark plug wires for a 383/440?  Pics maybe? 

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

headejm

This doesn't show the wires but shows where they should go. I believe #8 wire goes along the valve cover, held in place by the clips welded to the cover then to the clip with the circular plastic grommet at the rear of the engine.

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/mopar-383-440-spark-plug-wire-bracket-looms-installation-guide/

Chryco Psycho

erik70rt

Stock manifolds.  I have all the looms and heat shields in place.  My concern is the #7 wire.  Does it run over the valve cover or through the lower looms?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Thanks!  Do any on the left side go over the valve cover?

anlauto

On the passenger side of the engine, the number eight wire goes over and along the valve cover. That's it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

One over the top on the drivers side is C body..... And if you look at a C body drivers side manifold it's easy to see why....  The last plug is behind the outlet whereas on a B/E manifold the outlet is all the way back...

erik70rt

Thanks!  My car has a 383 out of a C body, so it has the wire guides on the driver's valve cover.  That's what was confusing me.

1 Wild R/T

A few minutes with a mini grinder & a little paint will fix that right up...  BTDT many times...