Main Menu

TTI headers

Started by 70rtse, February 20, 2023, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Hi guys looking at buying a pair of tti headers what do you guys think the ceramic coated with thermal barrier ones are like.

Was going to buy the bare mild steel ones and get them ceramic coated by some one local.

Skdmark

I bought a pair of TTI small block shorty headers with their ceramic coating last year. I really like them and the color has stayed consistent.

I have an authorized TTI dealer near me who installed the headers and the exhaust. One thing they did was break-in the coating which helps if you ever need to make a warranty claim.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Not sure if you really save any money. If you get them coated cheaper locally, it will likely be a cheaper quality job. I believe TTI  warrantees their coatings to a certain degree as well. :thinking:

I did this once because I thought having cast iron coated headers would look like manifolds from up top, and it certainly did make you take a second look...ended up costing more.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

Unless your local coating has an exceptionally good reputation for exhaust coating, or you are close by a Jet Hot or Swain Tech, I would get the factory applied finish. I believe they will provide some warranty coverage on the coating if it is installed by them.

I recently got my Hookers done by Jet Hot with their Offroad 2000, flame sprayed coating. It produces a very rough finish and can then get any of a variety of top coat colors applied. This would be a good approach to make it look like a cast iron manifold, but yes, it is spendy.

MoparLeo

Always best to go with factory finishes. They have the most experience with their products.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

70rtse

Thanks
It's not to save money was told when I put engine on dyno not to use the pipes that have been thermal coated
They will discolour.

HP2

If your fuel and timing curves are not waaay off, I don't see why dyno use would be detrimental to a thermal coating. Its no hotter in that room that it would be idling in summer city traffic. Now, if you run  it out too lean for several pulls in a row, that could put some elevated exhaust temps through the system.

But, I'm not a dyno operator and haven't watched a set fail during a tuning session. I have been to several chassis dyno events that had no negative impacts on  thermal coated headers.