Main Menu

Warranty blocks for AAR & TA models

Started by 71GranCoupe, December 05, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ScottSmith_Harms

What Dan stated adds up, another clue would be a part# tag, next time you get the chance look for signs of a rivot (or the hole caused by one) which would have held a part# tag. They were usually on the passenger side front, or passenger side of the block.

AAR#2

So even if all stampings are missing, there should be a cast date on the block, if the cast date is April 73 or later its a likely rule out as these cars only came with a 5 year 50k mile drivetrain warranty. If you account for time casting, machining, shipping, and shelf time till needed, even mid 74 becomes suspect.

I was in a similar position, mid 71 casting, zero stamps, all other components correct, knew and spoke with owner #2 for several years prior to his passing, he purchased the car in early 74, parked in 78, never had an issue, and didn't know things didn't match. Without paperwork or being able to find owner #1 (anyone know a Tony Ramos from the Houston area in 70-74 time frame?) I was never able to confirm it was a warranty block. For this reason I elected to find a correct T/A block to place in mine, though I still have the blank in storage.

750-h2

In Canada the 340 six pack only had a 12 month engine warranty.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on December 06, 2017, 09:33:17 PM
What Dan stated adds up, another clue would be a part# tag, next time you get the chance look for signs of a rivot (or the hole caused by one) which would have held a part# tag. They were usually on the passenger side front, or passenger side of the block.

Never gave that a thought when I took the pictures. I will have that on the top of my to do list when spring rolls around. thanks guys

AAR#2

Quote from: 750-h2 on December 07, 2017, 06:13:14 AM
In Canada the 340 six pack only had a 12 month engine warranty.

Been a while since I looked this up and apparently old age is affecting memory. The 1970 warranty brochure shows 5 yr/50k miles for all but noted "Hemi" and "440 Six-Pack" engines. These two specifically state 12 month/12k miles only.

That said, unless there was a separate piece of paper with an exclusion issued by Chrysler, 340 six-pack would have carried 5yr/50k

(edited previous post to correct information)

scott11224

I still have a replacement TA block with the tag on it. It is unnumbered. I bought probably 30 yrs ago from and individual in Ohio.

JS29

:welcome:@scott11224! please go over to the new members section and tell us more about yourself.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @scott11224   :welcome:  Sounds like you have a very rare block.   :clapping: