Main Menu

Which U-bolts for adding a sway bar to 8 3/4?

Started by Skdmark, August 16, 2020, 03:41:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

So, I'm looking to swap out the 7-1/4 rear end for an 8-3/4 rear end in my 71 Barracuda.
As part of the swap, I will be installing HD leaf springs (S13) from Eaton, original rear sway bar support brackets and lower shock brackets.

So what is the correct length OEM U-bolt for this application?

Mancini and Rolik both have the following lengths listed for E-bodies with either 8-3/4 or Dana 60.
6-5/8
7-1/8

TIA - Mark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

You will have the max thickness using 6-7 leaf springs + the 3" tube of the diff, the rear sway bar adds another 3/16" so my bet would be the longer ones or you can put everything together & measure it .

anlauto

Do you mean the rear sway bar adds 3/16" ? I can't see the sway bar plate being 3/8" thick ? :huh:

QuoteYou will have the max thickness using 6-7 leaf springs + the 3" tube of the diff, the rear sway bar adds another 3/8" so my bet would be the longer ones or you can put everything together & measure it .
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho