Main Menu

3" to 2 1/4" collectors

Started by Shoooter, July 10, 2020, 11:21:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Shoooter on August 21, 2020, 03:34:55 PM
Where I am there isn't really any great shops that can handle that. They only want quick jobs. I need to figure out the reducer part before I can get my intermediate pipe bent up. It's really hurting my progress.  I even called the pitstopusa people and they said I need to find someone else as they wont ship or bill to Canada

I guess I am not really sure what you mean by shops that can handle that [mild steel]?

Aluminized exhaust pipe is just a corrosion coating applied over mild steel. It welds and forms all the same..

What part of using the 2-1/4" mild steel reducer that I linked is hard to use for an exhaust shop? Standard 2-1/4" tubing should slip right over it and either clamp or weld.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

Shoooter

@GoodysGotaCuda that response was for the reply above yours saying find a mom and pop shop. Not ment to response to your link. The rest of the system is aluminized so I would like to keep it the same.  Or is there a way to coat the mild steal? Spray?

Shoooter

@Brads70 thanks that's the way I think I will have to go. I'll get a header collector ring and just use a 3 to 2 1/4 exhaust reducer and make my own collector

gzig5

Quote from: Shoooter on August 21, 2020, 09:15:16 PM
@GoodysGotaCuda that response was for the reply above yours saying find a mom and pop shop. Not ment to response to your link. The rest of the system is aluminized so I would like to keep it the same.  Or is there a way to coat the mild steal? Spray?

https://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-flameproof-coating

This stuff works very well.  I would paint the reducer, cure it in the BBQ grill per the instructions, then weld in place and then dress and touch up the weld seam with more paint.   They have several grey/silver colors that are close to aluminized exhaust pipe.  I did a set of turn down tips and you have to pay attention to tell the difference.

Shoooter

Perfect thanks. I'll give it a shot