Main Menu

70 cuda rear exhaust tip and hanger question

Started by drew43a, August 05, 2020, 10:23:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

drew43a

can someone tell me which way the exhaust tip go on a 70 cuda.  does the tip pipe swing towards the gas tank  or away from the gas tank?  which way does the hanger  go in the rubber mount?
doe the hanger bracket stick out to the front of the car or to the rear of the car when its in the rubber mount.?

drew43a

ok well i figured some of it out. the exhaust tip pipe curves away from the gas tank the shots towards the front of the car. and the hanger bracket pokes into the rubber mount from the front and moves  towards the rear of the car.  Does anyone have a photo of this area that would be correct mounting.  Dose the clamp for the tip into the next pipe bolt to one side of the U bolt to the hanger bracket? like in my first photo?  I have seen some clamps from internet photos  that have just one stud and thinking that it might be the one to the hanger bracket.   A photo would help so much.

DeathProofCuda

The bracket that you have bolted to the exhaust clamp in your photo doesn't go there.  It gets bolted to a tab at the rear end of the muffler (see bottom photo)

Also check out the photos in this link:

http://www.accurateltd.com/E-Body-Mufflers-ACM-688-ACM-689-Price-is-for-each-side_p_207.html

drew43a

DeathProofCuda

MoparCarGuy

Reference diagram and picture for people searching that find this thread.