Main Menu

Challenger Exhaust Tips

Started by erik70rt, July 18, 2017, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Who has the most accurate reproduction exhaust tips?  Lots of what I see out there are not even close.  Should have kept my NOS ones!  LOL 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

I do seem to see NOS exhaust tips come up for sale a few times a year.  Might be the best bet for you.

erik70rt

I found a couple of NOS sets, but they were all $700 and up.  I can't believe they are that expensive now.

anlauto

Past on an NOS set at Carlisle for $450 because I thought that was too much. I need a set of those as well as two sets of Cuda ones. Nobody make an accurate reproduction  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Alan, do they need to be NOS or just dead nuts accurate?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on July 18, 2017, 07:10:29 PM

I would say NOS because I've never seen any real accurate reproductions :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2017, 07:13:39 PM
Quote from: blown motor on July 18, 2017, 07:10:29 PM

I would say NOS because I've never seen any real accurate reproductions :alan2cents:

But if a dead nuts accurate reproduction was available, would that satisfy or does it "need to be" NOS?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I would guess I would have to see the part ? There's tons of other reproduction parts on my restorations, but I haven't seen E Body exhaust tips that make the cut. If they exist, let me know where :wave:

fc7cuda

I have an NOS pair, but they're both the same side.  :'(

If anyone has NOS singles or is in the same predicament LMK.  Maybe we can  :drinkingbud:

Tom

erik70rt

I did keep the old tips from the exhaust I pulled off the car and they are far closer to original than the Accurate ones.  I'll most likely clean them up really well and reuse them if they have the same size inlet. 

If all the repops are as bad as the Accurate ones, then maybe I need to start repopping them myself!  LOL 

Cuda Cody

erik70rt

I did not. I'll have to try to grab some. 

Thanks, Cody!

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 24, 2017, 08:21:02 PM
@erik70rt  did you see all the NOS exhaust tips at the Snobar Auction?

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940

@Cuda Cody did you want to bid on a pair for me ? I'd be willing to pay up to $400/pr.  :)

Cuda Cody

If I'm around when they go across the block I'll see what I can do for you.   :yes:  Not sure I'm going to be there for the full auction.  Going to see what things are going for and decide from there if I'll stick around or be back for the 2nd day.

Quote from: anlauto on July 26, 2017, 10:07:55 AM

@Cuda Cody did you want to bid on a pair for me ? I'd be willing to pay up to $400/pr.  :)