Main Menu

NOS Challenger exhaust tips

Started by swisschallenger, May 27, 2019, 10:26:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

swisschallenger

I drive a 1970 Challenger with Accurate exhaust system and would like to replace the Accurate tips with originals/NOS. I have seen these offerings on ebay, which are expensive. Can you tell me how to be sure these are original, not reproduction? Is there another source apart from ebay? I appreciate your comments.
Thanks,
Thomas

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-1970-1974-DODGE-CHALLENGER-RT-NOS-EXHAUST-TIPS-3404591-3404592/223484908521?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-NOS-2-in-EXHAUST-Tips-for-1970-71-72-73-74-Challenger-3404591-2/123119358056?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @swisschallenger   :welcome:  Fantastic looking Challenger!  :clapping:   :perfect10:  :1place:

The original tips had a spot weld on them.  Look for the spot weld where the tips are attached to the pipe.  Those prices seem really high.  I think @anlauto  has a customer that has a few sets of NOS that it might be worth asking if he wants to sell.

1 Wild R/T

That's a great looking Challenger...

Floyd

Agree that those auctions are on the high side.  Both auctions have tips with spot welds but the ones in the second link you posted are the more desirable tips.  They do not have a seam on the bottom of the chromed part of the tip and are the correct early-style parts.  I haven't been following NOS R/T tip prices but I would think you find a set in the  $400-500 range.

headejm

:welcome: from Central Illinois!

Your Challenger is beautiful. Congratulations! That is my favorite shade of blue on Challengers.  :cheers:

anlauto

Expect to pay in the $450-$500 range. I can't help at this time...I'm looking for Cuda ones  :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

@swisschallenger  I have an original set of factory exhaust tips  ( bought in the early 80's from a Dodge dealership ) that I would be willing to part with. They are the more desirable ones without the seem and are spot welded . $350 U.S   plus shipping. PM me if anybody is interested. Thanks.

swisschallenger

Thank you for your compliments on the car and your comments/support. I will keep on looking for a nice set at the 400-500 $ range.