Main Menu

Dr Gas Boom Tubes

Started by 303 Mopar, June 02, 2017, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

QuoteThey are loud so be prepared.

I keep forgetting to listen to the video when I get home from work.  I really like the way it looks.  IF it gets to be too loud, it looks like you have plenty of room to use a glasspack style muffler right after the collectors.  Walker makes a "tough turbo" muffler that looks like a glasspack from the outside but is baffled on the inside.  Someone might even make a thin square/flat muffler that would fit there. 

Not saying you'll need one but exhaust is a very personal thing.  What sounds good to one person is way too loud for another.  Adding another muffler inline would quiet it down.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Burdar on June 09, 2017, 06:41:10 AM
QuoteThey are loud so be prepared.

I keep forgetting to listen to the video when I get home from work.  I really like the way it looks.  IF it gets to be too loud, it looks like you have plenty of room to use a glasspack style muffler right after the collectors.  Walker makes a "tough turbo" muffler that looks like a glasspack from the outside but is baffled on the inside.  Someone might even make a thin square/flat muffler that would fit there. 

Not saying you'll need one but exhaust is a very personal thing.  What sounds good to one person is way too loud for another.  Adding another muffler inline would quiet it down.

Exactly my thought too @Burdar.  I like the way it sounds now and this was my intent buying these, but if I get sick of it in my old age I can stick a baffled tube muffler in there to quite it down.   :drinkingbud:

Moparman82

If you get sick of it dan don't bother with the exhaust, you know where that car's next home is!   :slapme5:   :takemymoney:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Burdar

Finally remembered to listen to the video. That sounds great! The entire car looks fantastic!

FSHTAIL

Sounds amazing. 
Is that a modern hemi?

Where did you get the AAR style graphics with the custom 392?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 15, 2017, 01:01:59 AM
Sounds amazing. 
Is that a modern hemi?
Where did you get the AAR style graphics with the custom 392?

Thanks!  Yep, its a 2016 392 Hemi that I dropped in back in November.  The white AAR strobe was bought by the PO at Performance Car Graphics http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Vinyl_Color_Samples.htm

The 392 shields was printed and installed by a small local shop with the help of design and fonts by @Cuda Cody!

Sleepychallenger

Does all your sound deadner help make it a quiet ride inside?

HUSTLESTUFF

Can you post a pic of how they mounted the boom tube to the car please. I'm working on mine now and will be doing it at home with Pypes x pipe. Thanks, Mike

303 Mopar

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on August 24, 2017, 08:35:18 AM
Can you post a pic of how they mounted the boom tube to the car please. I'm working on mine now and will be doing it at home with Pypes x pipe. Thanks, Mike

The AAR style side exhaust I had on included a bracket mounted to the inside of the frame rails, so we just used that for the boom tubes.  It holds it perfect with no bouncing and clears the pinch weld just enough.

moparcar

Nice install. I think one of these days I'm going to have to check out your car in person since you are local to me and I'm doing a pro-touring Challenger with a 6.1.
Wes

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparCar on August 24, 2017, 11:33:14 AM
Nice install. I think one of these days I'm going to have to check out your car in person since you are local to me and I'm doing a pro-touring Challenger with a 6.1.
Wes

Anytime Wes!  Just PM me and we can plan something.

Burdar

Just relaxing at home on a Friday night, watching MASH and listening to exhaust clips. Love the sound of this car!

71-440

Nice setup for sure. And sounds great! :ohyeah:
Joe