Main Menu

Fuel tank vent tubes

Started by 303 Mopar, April 14, 2017, 12:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

In the fuel tank vent tube that runs through the trunk floor pan up along the right rear inner wheel fender there are four vent tubes that basically run up inside the tube and end at different lengths. Does anyone know which one runs the longest/highest into the tube?

1 Wild R/T

The only one that goes very high is the one that goes to the front of the car....

Cuda Cody

You have the M95 tube that goes in the trunk?  It has about about 4 nipples on it. 

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 14, 2017, 03:03:59 PM
You have the M95 tube that goes in the trunk?  It has about about 4 nipples on it.

Yes - I remember that the 4 little tubes go up in the bigger tube and they all are different lengths. I'm trying to attach the vent tube for the tank to the highest tube.

Cuda Cody

Oh....  easy.  I'll go look for you.  Stand by.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 14, 2017, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 14, 2017, 03:03:59 PM

Yes - I remember that the 4 little tubes go up in the bigger tube and they all are different lengths. I'm trying to attach the vent tube for the tank to the highest tube.

anlauto

You would have to cut the large tube open to find out. Why would it matter ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I hadn't put the shield on yet so it was easy to take photos.

Cuda Cody

I get it now.   :Thud:  You're asking about what one INSIDE the metal tube is the highest up.  I took one apart a long time ago but I don't recall what one was longest.   :dunno:

Brads70

When I swapped in the Tanks Inc. fuel tank it only has 2 vent nipples. So I ran those to to the thing in the trunk and looped the other two remaining lines. No issues so far.  :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

Brad has a new Signature!   :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:   Looking good buddy!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Brads70 on April 14, 2017, 06:14:44 PM
When I swapped in the Tanks Inc. fuel tank it only has 2 vent nipples. So I ran those to to the thing in the trunk and looped the other two remaining lines. No issues so far.  :alan2cents:

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I think I'm going to join both lines with a tee and run the remaining line to the highest tube.

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 14, 2017, 06:21:14 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 14, 2017, 06:14:44 PM

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I think I'm going to join both lines with a tee and run the remaining line to the highest tube.

That's what I figured why you were asking.  :)    I would just connect them to the other 4 like stock. The tallest one as mentioned goes to the front of the car. I think how it works is, when the tank is full right up to the neck then when the fuel expands with temperature fuel goes into that tube thing in the trunk. The 4 lower ones it will then drain back into the tank when the level lowers. The tall one going to the front of the car connects to the air cleaner to burn the fumes so they don't vent to the atmosphere. I'm sure your modern Hemi will have somewhere to hook this in? The new cars are sealed so the fumes are directed into the engine to be burnt.

303 Mopar

Thanks you guys for the responses and pics!

roguedc72

To whoever owns that cuda,wow is that thing clean! nice!