Main Menu

Exhaust manifolds. With pictures

Started by northerncuda2021, November 28, 2022, 07:35:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

northerncuda2021

I'm looking for a set of exhaust manifolds that would be correct looking for a 70 challenger RT. A guy sent me some pictures and I'm not sure what's what.  Can anyone tell me which ones would be the closest. Thank you guys/ gals.

6bblgt

the driver's side to choose is easy - only one in the picture
the passenger side best bet - IMO - would be one of the '68-'69 units - the heat riser & exhaust pipe bolt pattern clocking is different (would require custom exhaust), but from the top would look "correct"

northerncuda2021

Thank you so much, its amazing how you guys know all this stuff, Im just learning and really really appreciate the help.
Cheers

larry4406

Not sure how deep your pockets are or what the cost of used is, but Tony's Parts has reproduction E-Body exhaust manifolds.
https://www.tonysparts.com/all-parts/70-71-B&E-Body-383-440HP-Exhaust-Manifolds-Pair-p457606166

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on November 29, 2022, 03:27:31 AM
Not sure how deep your pockets are or what the cost of used is, but Tony's Parts has reproduction E-Body exhaust manifolds.
https://www.tonysparts.com/all-parts/70-71-B&E-Body-383-440HP-Exhaust-Manifolds-Pair-p457606166

I haven't tried these yet, but I know in the future I won't be hunting down 50 year old pieces and restoring them only to find out they're warped, pitted, cracked etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

@northerncuda2021
I've got a pair of 70 for sale, already cleaned and ceramic coated.

moparmadman69

Man, I don't know if it's the picture or what but those things look gold. OG manifolds here. Look like they belong on a 67 Cutlass convertable with 28" rims  :)

I've also heard from a few customers that the Tony's repros are nice.

7E-Bodies

$695 for a pair...new...is cheap when one considers the cost of finding a good set of originals.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green