Main Menu

Getting rid of a drone in the exhaust....seeking input

Started by Mickm, May 07, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

If you hve to live with the drone it might as well be a Hemi drone  :haha:

Mickm

UPDATE!!!!
I ordered the resonators 1 Wild R/T recommended and had them installed this morning.

The  sound coming out of the rear of the car is now deeper and more mellow and sounds really good!  I drove it 20 miles back home on the interstate at 75 and the drone appears to be gone. There is a, what I will refer to as a "Muscle car" exhaust sound all the time, which is a bit louder than it was before but again, it sounds good!

I am very pleased with the results and want to thank all those who chipped in with advice and ideas, especially 1 Wild R/T for the winning entry.

This is a prime example of what makes this a great site................great people willing to help another Mopar enthusiast.

Thank you one and all  :banana:

Cheers!
Mickm

Chryco Psycho

I am glad that created the needed difference !

1 Wild R/T

Brads70

Quote from: Mickm on May 11, 2018, 02:35:33 PM
UPDATE!!!!
I ordered the resonators 1 Wild R/T recommended and had them installed this morning.

The  sound coming out of the rear of the car is now deeper and more mellow and sounds really good!  I drove it 20 miles back home on the interstate at 75 and the drone appears to be gone. There is a, what I will refer to as a "Muscle car" exhaust sound all the time, which is a bit louder than it was before but again, it sounds good!

I am very pleased with the results and want to thank all those who chipped in with advice and ideas, especially 1 Wild R/T for the winning entry.

This is a prime example of what makes this a great site................great people willing to help another Mopar enthusiast.

Thank you one and all  :banana:

Cheers!
Mickm

Good to hear ( pardon the pun! LOL ) I've had those vibrant resonators for a few years now to put on. Still haven't got around to it though. Good to know they do the job!  :bradsthumb:

BIGSHCLUNK

Topcat

Quote from: Crash520 on May 08, 2018, 12:53:06 PM
I have the Magnaflow 2-1/2" system and added their 6"x6" race muffler either side of the gas tank, absolutely zero drone, sounds great, has a good rumble, barks a little on WOT but isn't at all obnoxious, love it

:iagree:   :slapme5:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon