Main Menu

Missing exhaust bracket?

Started by Mrbill426, June 05, 2019, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Guys first I apologize if i hijacked someone else's earlier thread  with my question  :-[ ; guess it's better I make my own.

I am sizing up the install of a new exhaust system I bought and I am confused about one of the hangers or what I expect to be missing parts(s).  Everything looks good except I see no way to mount the right side resonator hanger that came with the "kit"; the hanger looks different from the left side too.  On the left is a bracket that sandwiches the floorboard under the rear bench seat; on the right there is nothing.  When I bought the car the resonators were missing so obviously someone had redone the system and left them out.  The left side hanger and bracket were used but on the right the intermediate pipe was hung by a generic "strap" hanger lag-screwed to the floor.  I assume by the kit there is supposed to be a hanger for the right resonator but what does it bolt to?  The build sheet indicates dual exhaust.

See picks...

1 Wild R/T

Mrbill426

It is a 1972 built in mid-April.

Chryco Psycho

You can install a similar mount through the floor like the left side has but if you look at the shock crossmember there may be or be evidence of a hangar attched there

Mrbill426

Do you mean the cross-member the shocks mount to?

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 05, 2019, 09:58:37 PM
You can install a similar mount through the floor like the left side has but if you look at the shock crossmember there may be or be evidence of a hangar attched there

Mrbill426

Duh never mind you said that.  :-[  I will look... thanks

Quote from: Mrbill426 on June 05, 2019, 10:03:45 PM
Do you mean the cross-member the shocks mount to?

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 05, 2019, 09:58:37 PM

Mrbill426

This is how it was when I got it... see the strap on the right...  Yes a strap on the left too but attached to the bracket that belongs there.  No bracket on the right though.

1 Wild R/T

Like Neil mentioned, some 72-73's got a bracket that attached to the shock crossmember...

roguedc72

this thread was helpful to me too, I found the same on my 72 rally, nothing on the right side, I wonder if I can make a left side bracket work on the right side?

Burdar

You can see where the hanger goes in the second picture.  You might be missing the hanger but the bracket it mounts to is probably on the x-member. 

Mrbill426

There is one but it bolts to the cross piece behind and above the fuel tank.

Quote from: roguedc72 on November 15, 2019, 08:26:54 AM
this thread was helpful to me too, I found the same on my 72 rally, nothing on the right side, I wonder if I can make a left side bracket work on the right side?

Mrbill426

Yep that's it!  That pic would have been great in June lol... But still... Thanks Budar  :wave:  :bigthumb:

Quote from: Burdar on November 15, 2019, 08:31:50 AM

You can see where the hanger goes in the second picture.  You might be missing the hanger but the bracket it mounts to is probably on the x-member.

Burdar

Sorry, didn't see your post in June.  :D