Main Menu

The most quiet mufflers available

Started by Ornamental, July 04, 2017, 03:29:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I love those rules. Officer doesn't like your haircut, guess what? Ticket.
Sheldon

Topcat

Maybe Mr. Muppet at the inspection station is wanting a hand out.

Like a $100 bill.  :dunno:   :vipermanhiding:

It works in some countries so I hear.

Burdar

@Ornamental it looks like the mufflers at the back are fairly short. If you put the longest mufflers you can fit next to the tank, that will quiet it down a lot. Also, 3" exhaust is going to be louder than 2 1/2". Not sure what you have on there now.

If you have the capability to record a video, post some before and after of the exhaust sound.

Ornamental

Quote from: Topcat on July 08, 2017, 08:29:21 PM
Maybe Mr. Muppet at the inspection station is wanting a hand out.

Like a $100 bill.  :dunno:   :vipermanhiding:

It works in some countries so I hear.
Fortunately, I don't live in a country that's that blatantly corrupt. At least not yet, but this year Norway has gone from the fifth least corrupt country to the sixth least corrupt.
We may be on a slippery slope towards ranking below Somalia.

Quote from: Burdar on July 09, 2017, 08:03:17 AM
@Ornamental it looks like the mufflers at the back are fairly short. If you put the longest mufflers you can fit next to the tank, that will quiet it down a lot. Also, 3" exhaust is going to be louder than 2 1/2". Not sure what you have on there now.

If you have the capability to record a video, post some before and after of the exhaust sound.
Longest mufflers possible it is then. I'll check with my local muffler shop what they've got. I have to get some muffler hangers too, what's on there now is some quick and nasty whack job.
I'll make sure to record before and after videos. 

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on July 08, 2017, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: Marc70challenger on July 08, 2017, 06:31:13 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 04, 2017, 06:56:57 PM
I'm having a similar issue. I have yet to install them so I'm not much help but I bought these and a cut out valance and tips....
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/vpe-1141/overview/

Are they doing subjective inspections now ?
So I have heard, burns  me that it's not a decibel requirement, it's up the the officers discretion. Like what the heck is that? Different every time you get pulled over.  :verymad:

Ridiculous. 

Sleepychallenger

Doesn't Accurate exhaust have factory mufflers and resonators?

FSHTAIL

Loud pipes save lives

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)