Main Menu

who has electric cutouts?

Started by dave73, June 09, 2017, 08:38:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

who here has electric cutouts and what brand? I see summit/jegs have their own sets for close to 200. QTP are close to double that but supposedly better quality. Reading that you get what you pay for but curious what others are running. I already have the cutout 'y' section installed so it's a simple bolt up to the flange when I decide on what brand.

MoparDave

Installed these on our shop Cuda. quick time engineering.

Quick Time electric exhaust cutouts also feature:

* CNC 6061 aircraft aluminum bodies
* Stainless steel butterfly plate
* Stainless steel shaft
* 6061 aircraft aluminum motor plate
* High-torque DC gear-driven motor
* Gears made from high-temperature steel for long life
* Custom toggle switch
* Mini weathertight connectors for superior sealing
* Socket head cap screws for proper fastening
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Shane Kelley

I have QTP on my Road Runner. They were on it when I bought it. I originally thought they were kind of hokey and was going to remove them but the way they did the exhaust would have made it a pain without replace the headers and head pipes. But now I find myself playing with them all the time and i like them. Seem to work pretty flawless. It's great opening them up rolling through town with a big cam popping off. Then close them off when you see the law or for cruising.

Rev-It-Up

We had QTPs on my challenger.  They were flawless and a lot of fun.  We had an extra set lying around after closing our parts company and put them on Pixie's car.  That put a big smile on her face!
Rev-It-Up

mopar thunder

I have DMH cut outs and they are working very well. 4-Year Warranty is what attracted me.

FSHTAIL

Any video clips with them in action?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

61K T/A

Which company offers the largest diameter flap or opening? A long time ago we used cable (manual) operated flaps. Is this a option any more?

CudaMoparRay

I have had extremely good results with these: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/dsm-intercooler-piping/3.0%22-electric-exhaust-cutout-_-bypass-valve-p-9577.html

They come from 2 inch to 3.5 inch and they have honored their warranty immediately in the one time I had a problem. After having bought 4 even if after warranty the replacement motors are very inexpensive and easy to replace.

61K T/A

Those are nice cutouts, full flow too. And reasonably priced.  :twothumbsup: I can just imagine what a 3 inch pipe going into a 2 inch cutout would sound like... constipated.

GoodysGotaCuda

Id like to use a vacuum signal based cutout at some point so that it will crack them only as you nail the throttle and hush when you are out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dave73

Quote from: 61K T/A on June 16, 2017, 02:17:34 PM
Those are nice cutouts, full flow too. And reasonably priced.  :twothumbsup: I can just imagine what a 3 inch pipe going into a 2 inch cutout would sound like... constipated.

Yea those are pretty nice and inexpensive...sold out at the moment though. What are there warranty terms? It's too bad the jegs and summit brands one have horrible reviews, those are priced decent as well.

Claudia

Anyone running electric cutouts without headers?

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 15, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
Any video clips with them in action?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sorry, not right now. The engine is out...  :pullinghair: and not sure when it will be back in. I am hoping by the end of summer. If your still interested I can post then.