Main Menu

For sale rules.

Started by challenger6pak, February 15, 2017, 07:33:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

challenger6pak

I think we should have the following rules for sales:
Description: Anything that can be told about the part to help sell it. Part numbers, date codes are a real help.
Price: What you want for it. Is shipping extra or included? Price or price accepting offer. No make offers. Give the buyer a place to start.
Location: At least give your state. This gives the buyer an idea of how long it may take to ship and if shipping will be expensive or not before they ask for details about the item(s) for sale.
This should be for the Facebook site also. It saves a bunch of questions to the seller. These rules are meant to help both the buyers and sellers.

Any other ideas?

Cuda Cody

I think that Price and Location are reasonable. 

RUNCHARGER

Our profile has location but it doesn't hurt to add it, price is certainly needed. Not all members have a parts book though.
Sheldon

Spikedog08

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
Our profile has location but it doesn't hurt to add it, price is certainly needed. Not all members have a parts book though.

Not all members put their location either . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JS29

Picture's definitely help!!!    :needphotos:

challenger6pak

Cody, is there a tab that can be added to mark SOLD?

challenger6pak

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
True. I was using parts numbers as an example; not asking it to be a requirement.  Sorry for any confusion.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha. True that. I am always amazed at the sellers who know what a part is worth (generally at the high end) but don't know what the application is...
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

A couple things to also consider. First, encourage any contact info be traded via PM's to keep trolls spammers at bay.  many have heard about a well known scammer from other sites, Justin Figgit comes to mind. :bricks:

Second, on cars for sale, here is one that really needs to be handled with care. A good friend bought a car that cost him $80k by the time it was bought and delivered. The car arrived and after doing some fact/numbers checking, the specific numbers carburetor had been changed from what was shown in the pictures. There were other issue and when the new owner called and questioned the seller, the seller then went to the site and all the places where pictures and statements were taken down to prevent being exposed. I would not expect the ads of SOLD cars to be kept indefinitely, but a 60 day window should be standard procedure. Hopefully something of this nature can be implemented to protect members of this site and the site's credibility.  :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

Unscrupulous sellers always find a way around whatever rules are in place.  :madashell:

Unfortuantley the "Buyer beware' just doesn't cover it anymore.   I try to only trade/buy/sell with people/members I know or have been referred.  Doesn't cover all transactions, but you need to know who you're really dealing with sometimes.  :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

We don't have a "SOLD" tab option yet, but the seller can always modify the title and or post to add SOLD at anytime.

Quote from: challenger6pak on February 15, 2017, 09:11:26 AM
Cody, is there a tab that can be added to mark SOLD?

ChallengerHK

Can the seller modify the ad at any time as well? And, if so, can the ad be locked if the car is sold?

Cuda Cody

Yes, pretty sure the original poster can modify his ad and lock it too.

Thanks the suggestions.  We've added some rules.   :slapme5:

ChallengerHK

What I was wondering is if the mods can lock the ad so the seller can't later change it. Of course, as someone else said, caveat emptor, and if I was making a big ticket purchase I'd probably copy the ad and pics in case I needed them in the future.