Main Menu

for sale section

Started by cuda hunter, December 14, 2019, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I use several mopar websites as well as a few other brand X sites.
A good percentage of those sites have an "other stuff for sale" section.
I find that thee is quite the market for random stuff with our car brethren.
is it possible to have a section that is just for things other than e bodies? 
I'm not trying o water down the e bodies site, but there isn't a ton of posts per day anyway.
this will help a little bit with a small amount of extra traffic. 

Just saying.  I'd prefer to offer my random odd things to my bro's here on this site. 

pro's ?  con's ?  Any idea's?  Am I being ridiculous?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I think it would be okay for cars and car parts...I wouldn't want to see dining room sets and free kittens posted  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Auto and Auto hobby related (tools, die casts, memorabilia etc.) mostly I think. A 68 Sport Fury is cool for example, Designer underwear not so cool.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

I've got some die cast, memorabilia and perhaps some tools I'd like to part with to help declutter my house.  A for sale section for tools and auto related collectibles would be great!

Cuda Cody

I have a rear seat to an A body (1971) that I would love to find a new home for.

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 14, 2019, 10:54:27 AM
Auto and Auto hobby related (tools, die casts, memorabilia etc.)

+1...      :alan2cents:

JS29

Cudakiller70

I like the idea of random stuff 👍 Can be entertaining

dodj

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on December 14, 2019, 12:59:52 PM
Could really go sideways....lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on December 14, 2019, 12:59:52 PM
:iagree:  Sure, why not and if it doesn't interest you, it's just a click away. While we're all E body gearheads, we surely aren't the same in other ways and one man's junk can be another man's treasure; who are we to decide?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Marty

cuda hunter

Just an example. https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forums/other-stuff-for-sale-or-wanted.42/

It's usually a pretty tame area of fabo.  As many of you know, fabo guys talk a LOT of crap.   

I've purchased all kinds of weird things off of fabo alone (I like weird stuff). 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

headejm

Quote from: anlauto on December 14, 2019, 10:29:18 AM
I think it would be okay for cars and car parts...I wouldn't want to see dining room sets and free kittens posted  :dunno:

What he said!

There is Craigslist and Angie's List for random stuff. Let's keep this site focused on E-body cars, parts, and services.   :alan2cents:

cuda dad

I would not want the recent topics cluttered with a bunch of random stuff.  I suggest limiting the content.  Mopar cars and parts for sale (with price and location) or wanted might be a good place to start.  :thinking: :takemymoney:

anlauto

After reading the rules and comments from two years ago https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-misc-for-sale/9/parts-for-sale-rules/736/

It seems the "Parts/Misc for sale" is open to selling anything automotive related ? So I don't see why we need a new section ?

Or are we needing a section for non-automotive related items ? Wouldn't we have a much wider audience with Craigslist of KiJiJi ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration