Main Menu

STAY OUT OF THE CARS FOR SALE/WANTED SECTION IF IT'S NOT YOURS !!!! M46

Started by cuda hunter, August 13, 2022, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Never was an issue before I really noticed how much @MasonDaniel7  posts on the regular for sale and wanted section. 

I have a wanted ad here that gets pushed back page after page so that a BOT can post stuff for ebay.   For profit to ebay.   My actual personal ad, that I as a real person posted gets obscured by those who post in the wrong section.

Sure a few of ya have posted a car for sale here and there in the for sale section, not that big a deal.  That's what the moderators are supposed to move to the correct forum. 

So, now instead of my ad being findable in the first page, since very few cars from "actual" members show up for sale here, my ad is basically lost.  Not getting any views due to the abuse of using the wrong section for profit to ebay. 

I'm not a fan of banning ole @MasonDaniel7  because , IT, the bot, posts stuff that we can talk about and look at the cars that are for sale on ebay.  Cool.  I really enjoy that.  But I don't enjoy my passion for a car that I am looking for getting pushed to obscurity due to someone who's passion is nothing more than making profit for a large corporation. 

Is it time to ban @MasonDaniel7    ??           

Am I the only person who cares about one of the very few wanted ads I have on the net being pushed back?     Apparently so.   

Wanted ad.    1970 barracuda with M46 on the fender tag or build sheet.  Or any information about any M46 both past or present.    Info can be kept private, (like barry) or it can be shared with my information posts about this rare, non valuable option. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70vert

I agree that Forum members should only post stuff they are selling in the For Sale section. If it is just something they saw on Ebay, FaceBook, or elsewhere it should not be there.

Maybe there should be a "Seen on Ebay/FB" page to help keep this separated.

tman

Joegrapes

I could not agree more. I've said this same thing to myself every time I see masondaniel on here. It's time to do something about him.

blown motor

Quote from: 70vert on August 13, 2022, 02:40:22 PM
I agree that Forum members should only post stuff they are selling in the For Sale section. If it is just something they saw on Ebay, FaceBook, or elsewhere it should not be there.

There is an eBay/Craigslist section for items. Maybe there should be one for cars.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

I see your point Josh. I think the Bot mason daniel has a place on here? Maybe just needs a separate section?
I see a lot of cars for sale that I enjoy looking at , that I might not see otherwise?  :alan2cents:

dodj

I agree Josh. I floated the idea of doing something with masondaniel a few months ago...never got any traction.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

I love the cars that the bot posts.  Would hate to have it gone.

As a guy that actually has money waiting for an M46 to appear so that I can buy it, unless I can't afford it, it is really discouraging to see my wanted post just get pushed back over and over again.
I know the little BH barracuda is not very interesting for most collectors but it's what I'm into. 
Hard to keep it out there in the eye of the public if corporate greed robots are taking away the little bit of space that I can occupy. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

autoxcuda

Quote from: blown motor on August 13, 2022, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: 70vert on August 13, 2022, 02:40:22 PM

There is an eBay/Craigslist section for items. Maybe there should be one for cars.

Looks like Cody is doing just that. And seems like a simple and reasonable solution.

Thanks !   :clapping:
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Jay Bee

Yeah, Cody's moving MasonDaniel's post but having to do that for a half dozen or so almost everyday could get tiresome.

If I have a say I'd prefer to have the bot banned. You want to look at ebay cars then go to ebay. Sure, with him posting it's a convenience but does that convenience out weigh the intrusion. If a member sees a car elsewhere that they'd like to discuss they know where to post it.

On a side note, when I posted my friends new generation 'verts I was torn between "Cars For Sale..." & "E-body stuff found..." since they weren't ebodies. Still chose the latter though. 

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Too much work, just ban the BOT. Doesn't take any effort to go to EBAY yourself if you think you'll find something there.
Sheldon

70vert

Four more/new posts already this morning!!!
If there was a way to automatically identify and place BOT posts in a specific section that would be ok. But to require an Admin to manually move them every time is crazy.

And honestly, I don't believe "bots" have a place in a user enthusiast forum.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

headejm

I would vote for a total ban. The gain is not worth the pain.

MKA

I must admit I am one of the offenders  :whiteflag:     I was originally posting under the eBay / Craigslist finds but noticed mason posting in the other section and switched.  I will correct back.