Main Menu

Help Mods, I wiped out a thread

Started by Roadman, October 21, 2017, 02:54:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Under Drag racing pics I accidently clicked on the red X , looks like the thread vanished.   :notsure:

Cuda Cody

I can see in the moderator area that you have deleted the thread.  Only moderators or the original user can delete threads.  Unfortunately it does not look like I can bring it back because each user basically has moderation powers over their own threads and posts.   :sorry: 

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 21, 2017, 03:14:42 PM
I can see in the moderator area that you have deleted the thread.  Only moderators or the original user can delete threads.  Unfortunately it does not look like I can bring it back because each user basically has moderation powers over their own threads and posts.   :sorry:

Dang it, really.   :sorry:   Well ya'll, be careful on the threads you start. Accident click the RED X, it's gone. I thought it was just there to show the threads you start. Well, I'll just it over again.   :banana:    :rebelflag"

Roadman

OH, and I lost all the credits from the posts I made on that thread. WOW @Cuda Cody is that going to happen to everybody that posted there.    :notsure:   :thinking:  CRAP.    :bricks:

Cuda Cody

We can make it so users can not delete their posts?   It's up to you guys.

And just tell me how many credits you had and I will adjust your total so you don't lose the credits.   :bigthumb:

A.Gramz

Anyway for a conformation action required befor it actually deletes ?  Like a pop up or confirmation page?

Chryco Psycho

Cudakiller70

Used to be on another  forum. A member got pissed and when left, he deleted all his threads. Sadly this guy had contributed a lot of good info it was all gone. Maybe when a thread has  more than 10 posts it can't be deleted  :notsure:
Users should be able to delete their individual posts.

Roadman

OK, in the upper right had corner of a post is a RED X. To remove a post. Works OK, unless you want to remove the original post. Must have a mod remove. But the RED X on the right side of a post of a thread that you started allows you to remove the whole thread. ?  Anyway, learned sumthin tonight. Cody, just give credits back from my account. Sorry ya'll.   :rebelflag"

Cuda Cody

Okay... so here's the changes I have made.  Now it's set up like this:

Members:
Remove their own topic = no
Delete a post that they made = yes
Modify their own post = yes

Chryco Psycho

You just made that change to Roadmans account only right ?  :pokeeye:
LOL

Cuda Cody

We have also added a way to recover deleted posts and threads now in case anyone mistakenly deletes something they want to get back.  So I've turned back on the ability for members to deleted their own topics.   :bigthumb:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ToxicWolf

Roadman

Thank god it wasn;t ( Sugar and Spice ) I deleted.  I would be run out of town.    :haha: :rofl: