Started by Roadman, September 19, 2017, 04:17:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

If you use the forum to upload a photo it will always place them at the bottom.  However, the site uses html and therefor you can link to photos and put them anywhere you want in the thread.  Thus you are able to put text below or above the photo.  Html looks like this (but without the spaces)  [ img ] the link to the photo goes between the html tags [ /img ]

So for example, I can go to our gallery (or any photo hosting site or find any photo on the internet) and use the HTML to post it in this thread.  If I right hand mouse click on a photo and select "open image in new tab" it will open the image in a new tab and you can see the website link for the photo.  You can also use the right hand click mouse button to "copy image link".  Either way you need to end up with the image address that looks like this... (but without all the spaces)

https :// forum.e-bodies.org/gallerypics/0/medium_440-110917100758. png

Then I can click the little button (above the smilies) that says "Insert Image" and then paste the website address to the to between the HTML code.

That's how you put a photo anywhere you want in a thread.   :bigthumb:

Pretty easy once you do it a few times.  You can upload photos to the gallery on our site then link them to anywhere you want in the thread.

Burdar

When you have your pictures on a hosting site, you can just copy/paste the link right into the body of your message. I usually type my picture description and hit ENTER to drop down a line. Then paste the picture link. Then hit ENTER again to drop down a line...then type in my next picture description exc...

303 Mopar

If you access the site on your phone via Tapatalk, it will allow you to place pics and text wherever you want in your post.   :banana:

RzeroB

I'm just going to piggy-back on this thread although my question is a little different ...

All of the pictures I post are from a third-party photo hosting site (photobucket) or the internet. Works just fine and I don't have an issue with any of that.  :bigthumb:

However, I want to know, is it possible to upload and display a photo directly from a file on my computer without having to post it to the third-party photo hosting site first??

Thanks in advance for your help.  :handshake:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Roadman

I just pull pics off the net, put them on my desktop, then add to a post as I go.  :D

Spikedog08

Quote from: RzeroB on January 28, 2018, 02:48:50 PM
I'm just going to piggy-back on this thread although my question is a little different ...

All of the pictures I post are from a third-party photo hosting site (photobucket) or the internet. Works just fine and I don't have an issue with any of that.  :bigthumb:

However, I want to know, is it possible to upload and display a photo directly from a file on my computer without having to post it to the third-party photo hosting site first??

Thanks in advance for your help.  :handshake:

Sure it is, use the attach / choose file below the box where you type your text.  Browse and attach the file from your computer and hit the "post" button
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RzeroB

hmmm, lets see ... save pic ... attach pic ... where is it? ... try and post to see if it's there ... D'OH!!

Thank you!!  :thankyou:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)