Main Menu

jewlr.com random page loading? anyone else getting this?

Started by 6bblgt, October 28, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

for the last couple of days, this full page jewlr.com has been popping up when changing pages (using page numbers) displayed as only open window and when using < and > (forward or back arrows)

I see they have a banner ad - but I'm not shopping ???  :dunno:

anyone else getting this ?  WHY ME ??

6bblgt

anlauto

It's your wife trying to tell you Christmas is coming... :) :twothumbsup: :P :))
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jim AAR

Banner ads remember where you have looked (websites) and pop up there. Someone must have looked at that website on your computer. and therefore it pops up in the banner.

6bblgt

NO, it just happened when I clicked "reply" to type this response - the browser opened jewlr.com & left e-bodies

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

6bblgt

Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge

& now it's following me elsewhere

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Gary

I am getting the same thing.  Most of the time when I return to the forum after reading a post.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

it won't let me add pics to posts here - or modify my posts - every where else seems OK

& it's slow here only - edit

Chryco Psycho

I am using Win 10 & Firefox & I am not getting it at all  :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

Everything is working on my computer okay.  I think this has to do with google ads and they use cookies.  I'll see if I can find that ad and block it from our site...

Cuda Cody

I've added it to the blocked list of ads.  It might take a bit to update to the site.  I hope that helps.

dodj

That would be considered malware. Viruses do damage, malware is just annoying.
I have used a program called malwarebytes in the past with success to eliminate malware. There are probably lots of other pgms that do the same thing.
You are going to need to download a pgm to scan for the malware and eliminate it.
It did not necessarily make it onto your computer because of this site but accidentally clicking on a banner may have caused it. It will probably grow increasingly annoying as it pops up more and more frequently. So the sooner you rid the computer of it the better.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I used the above when it was completely free. Looks like they are charging now? After a free period?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill