Main Menu

Forum pages loading slow

Started by soundcontrol, February 26, 2017, 04:30:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

When I click on a subject, the page loads and I can see the first post, but it takes a while to load the whole page, under the first post its just the blue background, especially if it has a lot of pictures, many pictures, up to 10 seconds, no pictures 1-2 seconds.
Anyone else experience this? Its not my connection, I got 250 mbit fiber and all other sites and forums loads instant, pictures or not.

Cuda Cody

I'll look in to this and see what I can find.   :thinking:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

turbostang7

303 Mopar

Shut down your browser and open it again?  Restart your computer?

Spikedog08

Quote from: 303 Mopar on February 26, 2017, 07:13:16 AM
Shut down your browser and open it again?  Restart your computer?

Clean your cookies and defrag . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I'll keep looking, but not seeing anything that might be causing it.  Try some of the suggestions above and let me know what happens.

Spikedog08

I guess the next question . . . Are you using a tablet or PC?
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

soundcontrol

Using a Macbook Pro (Apple laptop), I have restarted etc. I just went to my studio and tried it there, works fine on the studio computer, so its gotta be something in my computer or browser that does it. Suspect cookies because it dosent happen on other sites. Gonna clean out the cookies, do some maintenance, and log out and in again. Thanks guys!

OK, a bit later, it's a browser issue, I logged in with another browser (Google Chrome), same computer and its fine!
Some spring cleaning and the issue should go away.

HP_Cuda

Funny I was just going to suggest Chrome.

:bradsthumb:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200