Main Menu

Lack of notification

Started by cuda hunter, March 27, 2024, 05:39:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I posted in a thread yesterday and did not get a notification that the thread had activity since I posted. 

What is causing this and how do I fix it?

There were several threads that I posted in yesterday and they notified me just fine. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Happened again.
I posted last night on the epoxy floor thread.
It was replied to after my message and I received no notification that it was replied to.

If I don't get notifications about participation in threads I will not be replying to those threads.
Kind of hard to keep people typing and reading if they don't know there are things to do.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Jay Bee

That's weird that you got some notifications and not the other one on March 27th. And now it happened again today. Maybe double check what you have checkmarked in your Notifications. You'd think if you're getting some you'd be getting them all. Ping/flag Cody and Twitch too, surprised neither of them have chimed in.

Jay Bee

I'm drawing at straws here. Could it have something to do with only those threads where you quoted someone else's post then added your typing???

Katfish

Interesting, I've never received an alert, although those boxes are checked.
I didn't know that was supposed to happen, I always just hit the "Updates topics" button.

cuda hunter

@Katfish
You should get a number in a circle every time someone replies to a thread your involved in right next to the word "alert" in the white bar at the top that is below the red.

cuda hunter

I'll try with the moderator first.
@Spikedog08
Any help here? 

Spikedog08

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 28, 2024, 06:21:26 PMI'll try with the moderator first.
@Spikedog08
Any help here?

That's a question for @Cuda Cody  . . Not sure.  Sorry
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Next time you post or reply could you see if this box is checked.

Cuda Cody

Also, what happens when you click these boxes...

cuda hunter

Will do. Thanks. We'll see what happens.

Jay Bee

Any progress? I'm just curious about one more thing. Can you remember if those threads you didn't get notifications from had the "binoculars" or not?

cuda hunter

First time I have seen the bino's. 
Will look more into that as well.

Jay Bee

Something else that might help. Even though this shows 2 current Alerts, Clicking on "ALL ALERTS" will show them all since the last delete. Sorry if you already knew that. It sure would be more convenient if the number in the circle would just be there every time it's suppose to be.

cuda hunter

I just had two threads come up that did not notify me.
Apparently, they were marked with No notifications for some reason.
Not sure why they would ever be marked with the "no notifications" tab. 
I would think they the thread would automatically ad me to the Notify tab if I were to post in the thread.