Main Menu

Suggestion for "Show New Replies" notifications

Started by soundcontrol, June 02, 2020, 02:55:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I use the"Show new replies to your posts" every day. Nice function, but...
It would be great if you could have a setting that I could choose if I want it to be included in my "Show new replies", because how its function is now,
it will show the threads you post in forever if there is new posts. This stops me from posting sometimes, because I don't wanna clutter up my
"Show new replies". I'll bet others do the same.

Alternative is to have a function that removes notification of certain threads, or a time limit for notifications.
Right now the only solution for that is go go back and remove your old post in a thread you no longer wanna follow, and thats no good, maybe that post was helpful to someone...

anlauto

What I do is hit "show me new replies" then at the right hand side, I hit "mark all messages as read" after I read the ones I want.....then the next time I come back, the list is shorter, with only the new replies since my last visit.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Wasn't sure if I wanted to reply to this thread. Lol.

I agree that would be a great addon option. There are threads I dread sometimes.

Marking all read is a decent alternative. Exception is the very active ones that becomes irrelevant.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 02, 2020, 07:04:38 AM
Wasn't sure if I wanted to reply to this thread. Lol.

Exactly! This is gonna show up every day for 9 years on your list now!  :yes:

Yes, I do the same as Alan, just looking for a better way.
A first world problem....

Spikedog08

I use the "show new posts since last visit" and then browse ..  actually never hit the other option.   :dunno:  Not sure what options are available . . Would be a question for @Cuda Cody

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!