Main Menu

TapaTalk

Started by Cuda Cody, January 22, 2017, 12:41:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Dang it.  @headejm  I'm out of ideas on why it's not working with your iPad.   :(   But lets keep trying to figure this out.  Tell me again what exactly is happening when you try to upload a photo?  You click on the "Choose File" and it brings up the browser to locate the file.  You select the photo then try to upload it and it gives you an error?  Can you take a screen shot of the problem and send it to me?

Quote from: headejm on January 24, 2017, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 22, 2017, 12:41:09 AM
Many of you have asked for it and we now have TapaTalk installed!   :twothumbsup:

@Cuda Cody  Speaking of  :deadhorse: Still can't post pictures in the forum from my iPad. Should I use TapaTalk with my cell phone instead?

Cuda Cody

Send you a PM with my email.  Send me one of those photos that will not upload if you could. 

Quote from: headejm on January 24, 2017, 03:06:33 PM
Choose File button >choose photo from iPad library>small photo shows up next to Choose File button>hit Post or Preview button>get this message:

Same process works okay to post a gallery photo.  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Testing the photos....

headejm

:ohyeah: Beautiful! How'd you do it?

Cuda Cody

:thinking:  ok, so I just saved them and uploaded the photos you sent to me.  So we know it's not a size thing.  It really must be an extension on the file name.  I've tweaked the code in the system.  Try it again and let me know if it works now.  Can't promise it will, but I have manually added the file extension "jpeg" to the program even know it was not an option to select.  Hoping it makes it work?   :fingerscrossed:

Cuda Cody

Looking at the error page again, I wonder if it's thinking the file type is "image.jpeg"?  Can you see if the photos on your iPad show the file name as "photoname.image.jpeg" or is it "photoname.jpeg"?

Cuda Cody

Was that from your ipad?     :fingerscrossed:

headejm

Test

headejm

I believe you fixed it! Looks like there has to be some text in the text box or the photo won't load.  :thankyou:

Brads70

Just trying it out.... (tapatalk app)
Can't seem to post pictures from my phone...

Cuda Cody

That's something I haven't tried yet...  going to go see if I can post a photo from there.  :huh:

Quote from: Brads70 on January 24, 2017, 06:55:49 PM
Just trying it out.... (tapatalk app)
Can't seem to post pictures from my phone...

Cuda Cody

Seems I need to turn on a setting to allow it to access my photos on my phone. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 24, 2017, 10:46:32 PM

Yes you do, and click the little symbol that looks like mountains and it will insert the photo right in the post.

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 25, 2017, 06:32:53 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 24, 2017, 10:46:32 PM

Yes you do, and click the little symbol that looks like mountains and it will insert the photo right in the post.

Where is this mountain symbol? I'm on a Samsung android phone if that makes a difference?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Brads70 on January 25, 2017, 06:46:26 AM
Where is this mountain symbol? I'm on a Samsung android phone if that makes a difference?

When you click "write a reply" there is a + sign to the left, click that.  It should open the space to post to full screen, and then you have 5 options at the bottom; camera, mountain symbol (to post pics), paper clip (to include links), [/] (to embed URL or Code), bell (to receive notifications on this thread).

I'm on an iPhone so it maybe a little different but should be close.