Main Menu

video/topic requests

Started by ec_co, January 08, 2017, 07:55:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

seemed like the best place to post this, maybe a thought to add a section for 'requests' or 'suggestions'? 

I love the current videos and know you have more planned. not sure what is on the list, but I'd love to see one on 'how to restore the heaterbox'. I know its not rocket science for the basics, but techniques, colors, stampings, best practices, etc would be a big help. another would be 'grill restoration' for correct techniques and colors (can you get the correct argent with mica <I seem to recall reading somewhere the original formula had mica in it???>).

just a couple thoughts in my head
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

That's a great idea and one I've thought of doing.  A heater box is something I think anyone can do and to a high level.  I've designed the stamps (part number & date code) for them and anyone that wants the artwork can have it for free.  Just send me an email or PM me on here and I'll send the artwork files to you.  I have my stamps made here....

http://www.rubberstamps.net/Art-Stamps.aspx

My artwork is the right format, size and ready to go.  You just send them the artwork and they send you the stamp. 

The grille is another that I hope to cover in a video.  The plan is to do as many of them as I can!  :fingerscrossed:  I'll be sure to share everything I can.  And hope you do the same.

headejm

I know there are a lot of good engine people on here. I'd like to see a step-by-step instruction sheet on starting a "green" engine including break-in.  :help:

headejm

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2017, 08:42:06 PM
That's a great idea and one I've thought of doing.  A heater box is something I think anyone can do and to a high level.  I've designed the stamps (part number & date code) for them and anyone that wants the artwork can have it for free.  Just send me an email or PM me on here and I'll send the artwork files to you.  I have my stamps made here....

My artwork is the right format, size and ready to go.  You just send them the artwork and they send you the stamp

The grille is another that I hope to cover in a video.  The plan is to do as many of them as I can!  :fingerscrossed:  I'll be sure to share everything I can.  And hope you do the same.

I'm getting ready to rebuild my 1970 A/C air box and any and all help would be appreciated. Not sure it needs rebuilt (looks great) except most of the foam pieces have turned to dust. I bought a rebuild kit from DMT and am just going to dive into it.

Cuda Cody

You're going to do great!  And you have us here to help you.  The DMT (Detroit Muscle Technologies) makes fantastic gaskets.  Take lots of photos  :takepicture: and let us know how it turns out.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: headejm on January 08, 2017, 09:02:36 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 08, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

My artwork is the right format, size and ready to go.  You just send them the artwork and they send you the stamp

I'm getting ready to rebuild my 1970 A/C air box and any and all help would be appreciated. Not sure it needs rebuilt (looks great) except most of the foam pieces have turned to dust. I bought a rebuild kit from DMT and am just going to dive into it.

headejm

Kinda how I fixed my leaking radiator when I was 16. Well, you can't drive a car very far with a leaky radiator so you better take it apart and find out what's making it leak. Stop the leak...drive the car. Sounds simple.