Main Menu

Learning how to delete a topic (if that's possible)

Started by cataclysm80, September 29, 2017, 04:40:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

Test 2

You can change the title of a topic by modifying the first post in the thread.

cataclysm80

cataclysm80

I can't seem to find the Remove Topic link which is mentioned by the error message.
Is this something that only moderators/administrators have access to?

Cuda Cody

Scroll all the way down to the bottom....

cataclysm80

larry4406

Why delete a topic unless a mistake or double post?

One other Mopar themed site I visit there is/was a poster that deletes his threads once he gets his answer which is a shame as the information knowledge base should be shared.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  We talked about setting it up so the members had to request to have the threads deleted just for that reason.

cataclysm80

I also dislike when people delete good posts that could help others.

On rare occasions though, it's nice to have the ability to just delete and start over.

In this instance, I had started a "How To" thread with the intention of making a lot of consecutive posts containing info and pictures.
Post 1 went ok, but post 2 didn't, followed by numerous posts discussing whether pics and text were uploading properly.  I didn't get back to working on it again for about a week.
While I appreciate the help figuring out the temporary pic / text issues, those posts weren't intended to be part of the how to article, and could be confusing for future people trying to use the "How To" article.
The easiest solution would have been to copy/paste the one good post into a new thread with the same title, and delete the original thread.